OneRedBear

First tool bag (simple)

Over the weekend I picked up a piece of leather and started monkeying around. No plans, no templates suddenly I decided to make a tool bag for my bike... I mean how hard can they be? ... HA! Actually it was really fun to figure things out "on the fly" and come up with solutions to problems that came up along the way. My first mistake was using 6-7 oz leather, i should have stated with 9-10 oz. To fix that I rode down to our local Tap Plastics shop and got a piece of acrylic for 5 bucks, then build a box for the inside. 2nd mistake the flap was too short so I added a middle piece of leather and another row of stitching to make it look...  well planned. I had to get creative with where to place and insert the rivets, but all in all what a fun little weekend project.

9.jpg.a69f86692563e54c0728c56a42560461.jpg8.jpg.2d874b1e16c3a24e6c6a505d87055508.jpg7.jpg.9461fae80d687bbc62ddf99e783f3454.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by OneRedBear

Great looking, functional tool bag.  I like winging it too.  But generally I will cut it out on templates first.  That might have solved your flap shortage issue.  Keep up the great work!  Maybe the next one will feature some colored accents, monogram or something else fun.

Looks great.