Cyis

Chinese Leather tools to worldwide with you

Hey there,

I know some of Chinese leather tools such like AmyRoke and Mason are popular here. Indeed, these are one of the best in China, but Chinese leather tools are way more than that. There are so much talented tool marker here, you can not only find the perfectly well-made tools, but also some tools which focus in the performance not the perfection with affordable price.

I'm a leatherworker who crazy about collecting tools, so personally, I have great connection with almost all the markers in China like Mason, Ken.H, Nattools, Rock and so on(also, get the permission to sell their tools overseas). I may share the stories about the markers and tool-making someday here, But I'm not familiar about the market in the U.S. and other country. Just want to know, are anyone who interested about distribution for well-made Chinese tools with me or not?

Thx for your time.

So I will be so happy if someone could give some advice or being a partner in the U.S.

Hi.Im a leather/Modelship hobbyist.Bought some tools from China.Have Etsy/Ebay sitesfor buying/selling.Could I ask for your private messaging to discuss further.Thanks for your time

10 hours ago, Utilatu00 said:

Hi.Im a leather/Modelship hobbyist.Bought some tools from China.Have Etsy/Ebay sitesfor buying/selling.Could I ask for your private messaging to discuss further.Thanks for your time

Thx for reply!

Sure, my facebook account is https://www.facebook.com/cyis7. and here are my email address: 10872776@qq.com

On 4/14/2017 at 11:35 AM, Cyis said:

Hey there,

I know some of Chinese leather tools such like AmyRoke and Mason are popular here. Indeed, these are one of the best in China, but Chinese leather tools are way more than that. There are so much talented tool marker here, you can not only find the perfectly well-made tools, but also some tools which focus in the performance not the perfection with affordable price.

I'm a leatherworker who crazy about collecting tools, so personally, I have great connection with almost all the markers in China like Mason, Ken.H, Nattools, Rock and so on(also, get the permission to sell their tools overseas). I may share the stories about the markers and tool-making someday here, But I'm not familiar about the market in the U.S. and other country. Just want to know, are anyone who interested about distribution for well-made Chinese tools with me or not?

Thx for your time.

After having bought and thrown away a handful of poorly made Chinese tools from Aliexpress, I would be very keen to know more. Both as a user, and possible to resell them. I am in Singapore. Cheers

I have bought several items from Wuta and have been very happy with them. I also have been very happy with Kizer cutlery. They make an amazing knife for the affordable retail price.

Sure a U.S. distributor would be a nice foot in the door, but.... We are all living in a global market. You could sell and distribute yourself with a well built website.

As far as I am concerned, Wuta and Kizer have my business. That may sound unamerican to some, but I like to support quality products at a fair price.

From a consumer standpoint I would like to point out something I have read in the recent past about, "the misconception over the quality of Chinese tools". This was no misconception on the consumer's part. China flooded the American market with the cheapest junkiest products available for 40 years.

I like seeing precision with fine materials starting to make it to America from Chinese manufacturers.

I always knew they could do it, but for some reason didn't. Harbor Freight is a fine example of cheap Chinese junk, in case anyone wants to debate that point.

My hat is off to Wuta and Kizer. As well as a few others on that side of the world, Amy Roke, Crimson Hide, Seiwa, and Hex n Hit. 

Good luck.

Just speaking for myself, I try to buy from makers that I hope will stay in business, price be damned. This is not driven by a "Buy American" mindset, it's driven by the hope that the traditional manufacturers like Blanchard and Osborne don't get driven out of business by low-cost competition.

I think the custom makers like Douglas, Beard and many others exist in a niche market that is somewhat insulated from this, and I hope others will fill the void when they retire.

Do I own Chinese tools? Of course I do, sometimes I wind up having to buy the odd tool from Tandy. If I were looking for traditional Chinese tools, I'd want them to come from a traditional Chinese maker. If I want really good knives I'd buy Japanese. If I'm looking for tools for leatherwork as I understand it, I want them to come from a traditional maker, with decades or generations of experience. 

I'm sure Wuta, Amy Roke, etc, are finely made, high quality tools- but I'll never know because I'll never buy 'em.

Just my 2c worth

When it comes to knives, I'm a knipschield man. Boy, his stuff is great.