Jakes Leather Chop

Tandy The Master Craftsman Tool Chest, from what era?

Hi!

This is my first post here, but I have been reading a lot of helpful articles and info from here over a year now. Thank you everyone for that!! :)

So now Im asking a little help here, I recently bought an old vintage tool chest from eBay that I found out that Tandy has sold back in the days, called The Master Craftsman Tool Chest. Its pretty cool piece, I just hope the wood won't warp because of the moisture changes..

I was just wondering how old it might be and wanted to ask do any of you guys have any record of this? If you could tell me which years or decade this has been in sale it would be very helpful!

Here is also a picture of an old advertisement that I actually found from a magazine I have, but now I lost that particular magazine somewhere so I can't check the date on it, so annoying haha.. :D

But gladly I took a photo of it, hope this helps? Theres also pictures of the one I have.

-Jake

IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

I like that! If it were me I would call Tandy head office direct and see if they can offer any more history on it.

At that price, it was a LONG time ago!

Bill

Hi kiwi can and billybopp!

Yeah, I thought that it has to be a while ago because of the price. I was hopeful that maybe someone even remembers that when they were on sale. I actually did send an email to Tandy head office customer service, and they weren't sure. Apparently they had A LOT of stuff going through from mid -70s to mid -80s, that were not in the catalogs, so they didn't found this one. So he's guess was that it could be from that period. I was just wondering that could it be even older?

-Jake

3 hours ago, billybopp said:

At that price, it was a LONG time ago!

Bill

And in a Galaxy far, far away. (sorry, couldn't resist)

Hahhah! :D

I've got one here I am sending to an old friend. His wife had bought him one as a gift and he is thinking early to mid 1960s. He lost it in a shop fire. 

So it could possibly be that old! Thank you Bruce for the information!

Price and style were telling me late fifties early sixties, but that was only a guess.

I heard from a guy with quite a few old Tandy catalogs. He found it in his 1962 catalog. Also on that page was a stamping table as well.

Tool box0001.jpg

Love those old catalogues

I'll take one or two of everything on that page at those prices.

Bill

One or two?   I'd be filling the time machine.

The legs on that 'stamping table' look fine for front-room parlor furniture but rather spindly for an actual working stamping table.

I use to use a table which was stronger built than that but I got too much table bounce. I built my self a special block table.

LumpenDoodle2; put a trailer on that thar time machine - I'll take a couple of the tool chest and wood tool racks. Don't want no stinkin easily broken plasticky stuff

Use the TARDIS no trailer required!