I intend to make a light (baby) blue wallet but don't know how to go about doing it.  Stain? Airbrush blue satin over white paint?  

Any suggestions as to how I should proceed? 

If it were me, I would start by thinning out some blue dye and test it on a piece of scrap leather until I get the shade that I am looking for.  The other alternative is to find a leather supplier that has colored skins that can give you what you are looking for.  Not knowing what your project is or what type of leather you need, I would suggest that you check out the Hide House of Napa, CA.  They are a major supplier to the fashion leather industry and will most likely have exactly what you are looking for.

Fiebings turquoise is very close to baby blue in my opinion. This is after 2 or 3 coats, can't remember which. If this isn't baby blue enough you could thin it down and get there I'm sure.

20170315_101053.jpg

I can tell you that Angelus Light Blue is not very light, straight from the bottle.
It's not really a bright blue, or a Navy blue, but like  this:
ShellComplete.jpg

To get a nice baby blue, I'm not sure what proportion of dye reducer to blue would work.
I use that method to try making a lighter blue on a different project, but it's certainly not baby blue:
OneFlowerDyed.jpg

I have to wonder if it's even possible, since the leather behind the dye is not really white enough to make the pastel baby blue work. 
Perhaps some experts here have the solution.