deloid

How would you sew this?

I  know the Cobra 4 cyl can't sew this (bottom and deeper gusset sections). Anyone know how this type of sewing can be done (via machine)?

lb6.jpg

I am not an expert on leatherwork or sewing machines, but I am guessing it would have been sewn on a post machine, which sews vertically instead of horizontally.

5 hours ago, deloid said:

I  know the Cobra 4 cyl can't sew this (bottom and deeper gusset sections). Anyone know how this type of sewing can be done (via machine)?

lb6.jpg

Is the cylinder too big or what is the problem with the Cobra 4 for doing it? Generally where there is a will there is a way. One front or back on should be easy.Keeping in mind not to put in stiffeners until after the outside is fully sewn.A few position markers for lining up as you go around would be necessary.

You just cant fully glue it down into position first is what I am saying and it would possibly require 3 stop starts.Saying that though a 335 would be a fair bit easier and a sew around the sole edge machine would be a breeze.A good shoe patching machine would easily do the job but it takes a fair bit of practice to get a nice looking stitch from them.

It would be tricky, . . . but turning it inside out, . . . would be the first thing I would do, . . . so you are like sewing inside a box.

I did a really deep bag for a wedding gift some time back and that is how I did it.  Worked out fine.  I think this one could be done that way, . . . but it would depend on the dimensions.

May God bless,

Dwight