ELeBlanc

At June Weaver Auction will there be demand for Singer 29-4 & 29k

Never been to the auction but considering. I also have several Singer Patchers - some treadle, some electric, some long arm I could bring to consign.

Hoping people who have attended can answer. I also have possibility of bringing an Adler 105 and Brother DB2-B797. 

I figure the auctin would be true fun but maybe I can make some money at the same time

auctions always can be risky and you never know who in the audience needs / wants a certain machine... It´s not that you are always the winner ;) Do they have reserve prices at Weaver? I wish I could go there...

Edited by Constabulary

Based on my conversation with someone at Weaver (not the auctioneer) you can set a reserve price but if it doesn't meet the reserve then you the seller still owe the premium on the price it did reach.

I've heard about the annual Weaver auction, anyone been there for one?

ELeBlanc, you are correct.  You can put a reserve on your items, but commission is paid on no sales up to $200.  I have attached a couple files of our auction brochure, and the early consignment list.  I hope they all work here.  Had some issues with file sizes.  As far as the outside auction Weaver is basically just the host for the auction.  Paul Z Martin, Martin Auctioneers conduct the auction.  We have a cash and carry discount on inside sales and have most of our machinery setup for demos inside as well.  Its a 2 day auction, mainly selling leather most of the day on Wednesday and getting into the hand tools in the afternoon, and then continuing with hand tools and getting into the machinery and equipment on the second day.  We also have tours of our facility running both days.  Any other specific questions let me know.  

Note the link to open pdf below images.  

BOG Front.png

BOG Back.png

2017 Consignment Listing.pdf

Edited by Weaver Leather Supply