Jack142

daughters wallet

I just finished a wallet for my daughter. I thought I would post it here.  I only get to punch leather about 4 hours a week, I got a business, a family, and a ranch, that keep me busy.

I have been looking at the work you guys do and its fantastic stuff, I know mine is not as good but I'm still proud of it.

The wallet didn't come out as planned. It's thicker and not as flexible as I wanted. And I know there are mistakes on it. But she's getting it anyway.

xWALLET RESIZED.JPG

xwallet 2resized.jpg

xwallet3.jpg

xwallet4resized.jpg

Hey, a personalized gift from her dad -- that's a nice touch regardless of your critical eye!
Good on you for not feeling intimidated by some of the amazing craftspeople on this site and posting your work.

thank you

6 hours ago, DJole said:

Hey, a personalized gift from her dad -- that's a nice touch regardless of your critical eye!
Good on you for not feeling intimidated by some of the amazing craftspeople on this site and posting your work.

Amen!  Leatherwork is like any skill, you get better the more you apply yourself.  I have a busy life too and never enough time to do the things I want.  I can relate.  Keep it up and someday you'll really surprise yourself.  I'm certain she will love it!

I have to say as a collective, I believe us leather heads are pretty down to earth people. I personally think you did a fine job on that wallet. Sometimes things don't work out the way we intend but you have to realize, most people wouldn't know something wasn't quite right unless you said something haha. The important thing is that you finished the project and learned from it. And moreso, it's a personal gift you're giving that you made. It has a part of you in it and that is something special in its own right. 

Keep it up. I wish ya had more time for the workbench!