JNewkirkct

Holster with spare mag holder

Hi guys, be gentle, my first attempt at a holster, approximately 2 years old now, must say ithe is by far the most comfortable holster I've ever carried!

IMG_2640.JPG

Very nice! I want to make a holster one of these days. What weight of leather is that? The color is nice, too.

Thank you! As you can see the stitching is less than desirable but it held up well so far.  I made it from 8 oz.  I bought a side from a local guy at a great price, I made one similar for my sig 9mm

Looks good to me.  Since you have used it for 2 years and you like it says a lot.

I love the two tone dye job.  Did you use an airbrush?

On 7/12/2017 at 9:08 AM, Sofaspud said:

I love the two tone dye job.  Did you use an airbrush?

Thank you! No I used a rag dipped in darker dye, and wiped the excess on cardboard until it was faint then worked the edges of the leather until I found the right contrast, I really fell in love with this technique, I use it in almost all my personal pieces.

If has been a comfortable stable wear fro 2 years then that's a success. And yes the colouring is cool.

11 hours ago, JNewkirkct said:

Thank you! No I used a rag dipped in darker dye, and wiped the excess on cardboard until it was faint then worked the edges of the leather until I found the right contrast, I really fell in love with this technique, I use it in almost all my personal pieces.

Good job. I have tried that method, but my results didn't look that good.