Uwe

PDF: Adler 167 Service Manual

I came across a previously super-rare Adler 167 Service Manual today and scanned it to PDF for the greater good and to collect some karma points.

Here's the PDF: Adler 167 Service Manual.pdf  (40 MB)

The manual originally contained multiple languages, but only the English language pages were left when I found it. Page 32 and the very last page are intentionally blank for booklet printing. The graphic pages at the end have page numbers starting at 301 (some page numbers at the end are a little hard to read)

Thanks a lot!!! I just bought an (old) ADLER 167 and want to refurbish it. I found out that the stich length is not corect... if the lever is fully down, I have a stich length of about 5 or 6 mm, but if I turn de lever to de mark of 5 mm, I have a stich length of 2 mm and when I put the lever on a stich length of 2mm de needle is staying on the same place, no transport at all. I hope the manual can give me some answers.

This is AWESOME Uwe! Thanks for the share...servicing this machine for my first customer!

Well done Uwe. Not everyone thinks of others the way you do.

Thanks Uwe.  this is fabulous.  I'm an old newbie.  But, I have some leather working experience, e.g., mostly hand sewing.  I acquired a 167-73 a couple years ago and have not used it because it is "not right".   This should help me solve my problem(s) like the thread getting caught under the bobbin when reversing the stitch.  

Thank you Uwe for posting the Adler 167 manual.  Is there such a manual for adjusting the 267 class machines?  I have a 267-373 machine.  I was able to download following:

Durkopp Adler 267 Instruction for service (In English).  This 26 page document ha further seven pages of photos and diagrams of parts.

Is there additional information for adjusting this machine?

I watch your excellent videos on adjusting various Adler, Juki, Tacsew etc. machines and gain understanding of the basic mechanisms of how the upper and lower shafts are interconnected: how the needlebar oscillation is tied with the feed mechanism: how the pressure foot and oscillating foot are actuated and how to adjust their heights etc.  And I would like to thank you for effort in making the subject easier to understand.  I will request you to throw some light on how the reverse mechanism on Adler 267 and Juki LU 573 (or Tacsew) work.  I have found no clear drawing to study to understand the interplay of the parts.

Rgds

tallgrass1776