So, my shiny new toys arrived today!!!! :thumbsup: Texas Rosebud and bevel point knife. Many thanks to Terry for his amazing work and dedication to the craft.

And yes, they are scary sharp. Super glue + bandaids on hand.

IMG_0194.JPG

He does beautiful work. I am patiently waiting for my clicker.

That rosebud looks smaller than I imagined. I have bevel point knife. It is huge.

His work is always worth the wait.

Yeah, these took about three months, but well worth the wait. Geargarcon kindly supplied a French model, which has been great, too (the trailing points are perfect for tight inside corner cuts)  

The rosebud is a little smaller, although the photo distorts the size a bit.  I think it'll be handy for skiving and more delicate work. 

Yep, I got the French model too. Love it. I got gear's bevel point. That thing is ginormous.

I have two of each.  They're both awesome cutting tools.   

Yeah, I feel like I could get arrested for carrying the bevel point :yes:  already cut the stitching on the sheath when I pulled it out the first time lol

why have one when you can have two!?! I'm thinking about trying to convince hubby that collecting all of the knip knives is a valid investment....

It is a valid argument. I think his knives could bring much more than he charges.

14 hours ago, motocouture said:

Yeah, I feel like I could get arrested for carrying the bevel point :yes:  already cut the stitching on the sheath when I pulled it out the first time lol

why have one when you can have two!?! I'm thinking about trying to convince hubby that collecting all of the knip knives is a valid investment....

They are a neccessary, nay vital part of moving forward as a leatherworker.    Well, that excuse works for me.B)

15 hours ago, motocouture said:

Two?  You need at least 8 to make sure you have a good collection.

Hmmmm.... I do like your logic....

1 hour ago, LumpenDoodle2 said:

They are a neccessary, nay vital part of moving forward as a leatherworker.    Well, that excuse works for me.B)

Might have to try that one as well! 

I think his knives are the best!  And a great guy!  We worth the money and wait!

I must say, I'm a little sad reading this thread. I ordered 2 knives from him in mid Feb and still nothing. He assured me 3 months ago I was on the list and he was snowed under, but seeing that you got yours in around 3 months makes me wonder if I slipped of the list somehow. It's been 5 1/2 months since I ordered. :-(

I have just emailed him again today, so fingers crossed they are nearly ready.

Im curious as to the price range his knives range. I'd hate to waste his time if they are a little out of my reach, but his knives keep popping up in my feeds and now my interest is piqued. 

Aha! I finally noticed the prices are on the pop up when you click on the pics.   :)

Edited by JerseyFirefighter

Quick update, to answer my own post, Terry just assured me he had indeed lost my order and will ship the knives shortly, so I'm very happy! :-)

7 hours ago, Simeon54 said:

Quick update, to answer my own post, Terry just assured me he had indeed lost my order and will ship the knives shortly, so I'm very happy! :-)

Good news!!! Hope they arrive soon!