Wizcrafts

Looking for Singer 29k thumb nut #113088/nn88w

I have a Singer 29k71 that would benefit from a thumb nut presser foot spring adjuster. The part number is 113088 or NN88w, which is pictured here. I'm hoping somebody in the USA has one they don't need, or NOS they can sell.

This pretty Singer NN88W thumb nut is $12 shipped.

IMG_8278.jpgIMG_8279.jpg

IMG_8280.jpg

I have a few disembodied Singer 29K heads floating about in my drawers.

IMG_8281.jpg

The same thumb nut also appears on a another part, but I'm not sure which machine this part goes with. 

IMG_8283.jpg

Edited by Uwe

Sounds good Uwe. How do you want to proceed?

Just click the link below to pay and then send me a PM with your postal mailing address.

http://paypal.me/UweGrosse/12.00

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

The same thumb nut also appears on a another part, but I'm not sure which machine this part goes with.

IMG_8283.jpg

Uwe, your part looks similar to the one on my Singer 45K53.  The dogleg part itself is 91436, Feed Shaft Lever, and the thumb nut is NN52.  I believe other Singer 45K's use a similar looking dogleg part.  Is your part above Simanco?  Do you know what the thread size/pitch is on the thumb nut on yours?

IMG_4281.JPG.20846cbdce50ff57da5712035b6eaaf9.JPG

Thanks for solving my little part mystery, @Evo160K! My part is also a SIMANCO 91436.

IMG_8284.jpg

The thumb nut threads nicely onto a 15/64"-28 bolt from my Juki parts bin. 

IMG_8285.jpg

I'm hoping that this thumb nut, which I am getting from Uwe (thank you), will help to fully hold down leather that is somehow not flat against the throat plate. If this doesn't stop the skipped stitches, I mad need to get a custom made presser foot with very narrow clearance between the toes.

The needle, although titanium coated, is fighting against Venture Leather Tape in many instances. Only my patchers have problems sewing through this tape. All of my walkers have no problems with skipped stitches through tape.

I have even pondered replacing the paddle shaped check spring with a heavier duty spring. The loops dissolve much too soon if the surface isn't flat, or there is tape between the layers.

Uwe, really 15/64-28?  1/4-28 is common and 0.015" larger than 15/64. I'm not doubting you, it would just be fascinating and disturbing if Juki made a part that was so close to a standard SAE dimension and nowhere near metric.

GPaudler,

If Juki copied Singer's parts, then Juki did do 15/64-28, because 15/64-28 was used regularly on Singer machines.  I suspect Singer wanted to keep other manufacturers parts off of their machines for a number of obvious reasons.

The thumb nut in Uwe's picture is definitely 15/64-28.  I know because I had to make one for the K53 in the picture above and had to purchase that special 15/64-28 Singer tap to do it.

Juki is happily mixing metric, SAE, and specialty Singer threads on their machines. Sometimes they're just messing with you. The 15/64-28 is in the parts list snippet below (from Juki TSC-441). Also note the 3/16-28 and 3/16-32 screws to drive you to the edge of insanity trying to match up threads.

15/64-28 is also dangerously close to an M6-1.0 screw. 15/64"=5.953mm, 1mm pitch is 25.4/inch. Both 1/4-28 and M6 screws will thread a few turns into an 15/64-28 threaded hole before binding. 

threads.jpg

Edited by Uwe

Thanks Evo and Uwe! Pretty diabolical to change a screw size by 0.015". 

That parts list snippet also shows a 9/32-28 nut, .015" over 1/4-28. They - Singer, then Juki - really want to make sure you can't just buy a nut at the hardware store.

My 130 year-old French Cornely mixes English and Metric but I haven't found any proprietary-size fasteners on it.

Singer used a lot of odd ball threads on screws and nuts.  They wanted you to buy it from them.  However, when they no longer make the oddball screws and nuts, you are forced to go else where.  Fortunately, Juki copied a lot of the Singer screw and nut specs in their machines so you can find replacements on a lot of screws and nuts but not  all.

The one thing Juki has never printed up is a general screw and nut book to show you all that is available  You must do like Uwe and find them in specific parts books.

glenn

Seiko make it even easier as they use the Singer part numbers!