RAMPER

Consew 206RB

1st time poster

I picked up a CONSEW 206RB (no - #, just RB) for $40 off of Craigslist.  I assumed the seller had left off a zero ($400), but he just wanted it gone.  I am hoping to be able to sew leather and firehose.  Will I need a servo motor (now has a clutch motor) AND a gear reduction or do the latest servo have the torque to sew at SLOW speeds?  I feel that with only having $40 into the machine I could spend the money on a servo and gear reduction (if needed).

THANKS and after looking around (even before I had a machine (a guy can dream)), I LOVED this site

Congratulations on finding a great bargain! The simple thing to do is to get a servo motor with a small 50mm(2") pulley first and see if it is slow enough for you. If you then find you need it to be even slower or have more torque, you can always add a speed reducer pulley later on.

Hey Ramper .. sounds like a great find.. Have fun.

Yeah - I saw that CL post,  that looked like a really clean machine for the 3 minutes the listing was up.  Good score!  Haha 

Yes get a servo motor for it, they have a dial you can slow them up and down.  They are about $100-$130 on Amazon.  Very easy to swap out. 

Were would I be able to get a manual.  CONSEW site has just the 206RB-5 manual

I think this is the one.  

Goto: www.consew.com/Files/112347/InstructionManuals/206RB-5.pdf

Edited by Yetibelle

Does the -5 (dash 5) mean anything?  My unit does not have a dash or a number

I looked at the linked manual and it is different as mine has a level for the stitch length

Edited by RAMPER

Great deal! At that price it's worth chucking the clutch out and investing in a servo. As Uwe said, try without a speed reducer first. I've found a 2" pulley on the motor and fitting a larger pulley (8") in place of the handwheel works well without messing around with a speed reducer (did this on my Pfaff and Seiko).

Just saw your post. Although there may be differences, the manual should be fine for getting the basic adjustments and servicing needed on yours.

Edited by dikman

Consew 206RB, RB-1 Parts CLICK HERE

Consew 206RB, RB-1 Owners CLICK HERE