Dwight

Clicker die needed

I'm looking for someone to make a clicker die for me, . . . just one simple little die I can use to pop out leather key fobs, . . . 1 at a time.

The overall pattern looks like the image below, . . . 1 3/8 inches wide, . . . overall length is 5 1/2 inches.

Anyone with a reasonably priced source?  

It cannot be anything expensive, simply because the final product will more or less be for give-away, . . . vs, . . . a profitable venture.

Thanks, may God bless,

Dwight

key fob die 2.jpg

I recommend Texas Custom Dies. They are good, fast and pretty reasonable.  Most places have a minimum die charge, meaning no matter how small or simple, you will pay their minimum.  Regardless if your end product is a giveaway or not, everyone needs to get paid for their services:-)  You just have to think of your end product as an advertising cost if you are giving them away.  Incidentally, my key fob die is nearly identical to your drawing, but I don't want to sell it.  Sometimes I'll give a key fob away to a good customer or prospective customer, but I take a bunch with when I go to a show, stamped with various 3-d stamps, and people do buy them.  When my kids were upper grade school and middle school age, they would click them out on the manual press and stamp them. It was pretty cheap labor (free if you don't consider the costs of having kids) and gave them a job with a purpose and great times together with me in the shop.

Thanks Big Sioux, . . . 

I'll give Texas Custom Dies a shout.

May God bless,

Dwight

21 hours ago, Dwight said:

I'm looking for someone to make a clicker die for me, . . . just one simple little die I can use to pop out leather key fobs, . . . 1 at a time.

The overall pattern looks like the image below, . . . 1 3/8 inches wide, . . . overall length is 5 1/2 inches.

Anyone with a reasonably priced source?  

It cannot be anything expensive, simply because the final product will more or less be for give-away, . . . vs, . . . a profitable venture.

Thanks, may God bless,

Dwight

key fob die 2.jpg

Hey Dwight I have one here that I haven't used in years that measures 1 5/8" x 5 1/2". It is made for clicker press work though. It does have holes for speedy rivet attaching but they can be removed if you wanted. You can have it for the postage cost ( probably around $10.00 AU). I will do a picture if you think it could work for you. Regards Brian

2 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Hey Dwight I have one here that I haven't used in years that measures 1 5/8" x 5 1/2". It is made for clicker press work though. It does have holes for speedy rivet attaching but they can be removed if you wanted. You can have it for the postage cost ( probably around $10.00 AU). I will do a picture if you think it could work for you. Regards Brian

Shoot me that picture, Brian, . . . 

Add how you would want to be paid, . . . 

AND, . . . thank you, . . . many times over.

May God bless,

Dwight

Here you go. Height is 19mm (about 3/4" I think) Pm me where you would like it sent to if you want still.

Regards Brian

DSC00981_resize.JPG

DSC00980_resize.JPG

DSC00982_resize.JPG

Brian, . . . PM me with details about how to pay you.

That is exactly what I'm looking for.

Dwight Cimino

1323 Cline Road

Waldo, Ohio  43356 USA

BTW, . . . are you in the Brisbane / Gold Coast area?  

Got some good memories of that area from when we visited many years ago.

Long story, . . . but there was a possibility that I might have come back there permanently, . . . just didn't work out.  I'd a had to have been a stockman if I did.

May God bless,

Dwight

On 20/09/2017 at 10:00 AM, Dwight said:

Brian, . . . PM me with details about how to pay you.

That is exactly what I'm looking for.

Dwight Cimino

1323 Cline Road

Waldo, Ohio  43356 USA

BTW, . . . are you in the Brisbane / Gold Coast area?  

Got some good memories of that area from when we visited many years ago.

Long story, . . . but there was a possibility that I might have come back there permanently, . . . just didn't work out.  I'd a had to have been a stockman if I did.

May God bless,

Dwight

All sent gratis Dwight. Should take about 2 weeks at worst but I just recieved today some feet and stuff from Uwe and that took about 3 or more weeks.

Its only economy air so not trackable so here is the info in pic following.

Regards BrianDSC00985_resize.JPG

Brian, . . . thank you so much, . . . looking forward to getting this project under way.

May God bless,

Dwight

Nicely done Brian.

Regards, Eric

On 19/9/2017 at 11:23 AM, RockyAussie said:

As they say in Ireland... Fair play to you!

Thats a nice thing you did.

Brian, . . . package came today, . . . looks great, . . . should work just fine.

Sure wish there was some way I could repay you, . . . I'd offer you a fresh baked apple pie (just did two of em tonight, one goes to a fellow from our church who had eye surgery this week), . . . but it'd never get there in time to eat it.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with up this direction.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight, Knowing someone like you may get some use from it is more than enough thanks for me. The punch in the tab end does not line up to well but a repunch will fix that easily. I hope that it works well enough and may it bring blessings to all who are lucky enough to receive the work you produce with it.

Brian

Well, Brian, . . . thanks again until you are better paid.

My Vietnam Veterans of America group will be mostly the users, . . . making "give away" tags with our name on em, . . . boys will be handing em out.

May God bless,

Dwight

PS:  I saw that belt dressing machine you made, . . . that is neat.  It is always fun to see someone else who enjoys finding an answer to a problem without having to buy someone else's product and then rejuvenate it for your purpose.

that must have been some R & R time around 69,