ojd

Machine ID please

Hello. First post although long time lurker. I do some horse harness work. I'm kind of restarting. I used to have a 132K7 which I liked. I have gotten an offer for the machine in the attached image. Got me scratching my head. The needle gets support from below. No feed dogs. Haven't seen it in real life only spoken with the seller. It has an internal clutch. Made in Germany. I hope the cylinder will give me more freedom of movement compared to flat beds. Can anybody ID this machine for me and hopefully say if it's a yay or a neigh for making harness, bridles and work collars.

Thaks

Resized_Screenshot_20171005-202551.jpg

Personally any machine with the makers name and other ID marks ( serial numbers etc ) deliberately removed ( which this appears to have had them all removed ) I would not touch.I would have strong doubts that the machine was actually the legal property of the person selling it.

I highly doubt that this isn't the sellers legal property. There is just no market for stolen leather machinery where I live. There is some sort of marking on the lower right. I just can't pester the poor old man more, and he has catered to the fur industry, so heavy leather machines just isn't his turf.

I have had a few machines where I've made new cover plates because the old ones where bust or the screw holes wore out and it got all wiggly etc.

I do value your opinion and under different circumstances it might have been a reason to step back.

Edited by ojd

This looks like a BUSMC"Pilot" stitcher.

Agree - BUSMC PILOT needle feed only machine, no feed dog. Machine has a barrel hook but of a bit different type compared with Singer 45K and the like. I also do not agree that any makers stamp or what ever has been removed.

I have a manual + parts list for this machine I probably can scan it in the days to come (if you want to buy this machine).

I would buy this machine in a heart beat if the price is right. I once missed one here in Germany - too bad.

This actually is a British made machine - you should find IVI markings on the some machine parts (Hallmark of IVI Metallics, Leicester). These machine were sold by DVSG = Deutsche Vereinigste Schumaschinen Gesellschaft (German counter part of BUSMC = British United Shoe Machine Company). Could be the machine has been assembled in Germany but when the machine parts have IVI markings the parts for sure came from Great Britain.

The original needle sytem is TS 883 - obsolete I guess - but I would assume that you can use 328 needles (very common) but I´m not 100% sure about it.

Parts are no longer available but some old stock may exist f.i. at our LW member SINGERMANIA in Australia or maybe some dealers in the UK. But if this machine is in fully working condition you most likely will not need parts. These machines are tanks and will last almost for ever.

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you for this for me invalueable advice. I suspected it was a shoe making machine. Although I had no idea what part it would stitch. I would appreciate a scan of the manual very much.

Again thanks.

Edited by ojd

The machine has arrived. It's a heavy beast. I need to change motor. Most likely I will put on a effka quick-stop or some other adjustable three-phase motor. Also need to assemble some sort of presser foot lift pedal.