BaroqueLeatherGal

Car seat cover pattern

I really want to make a nice seat cover for my truck. Does anyone have a pattern for one? Its a bucket style seat. Any leads appreciated!!

Thank you! 

Does it still have the original cover on? If yes, make a pattern. Or go to walmart and get the cheapest cover you can find and deconstruct it.

My seats are leather but they are cracking really badly and its a weird vinyl underneath, and buying new ones arent an option..Ive never made a pattern before; id imagine one like this would be pretty difficult?

Making a pattern isn’t hard to do, it’s just knowing where to start, and having the confidence in what you are doing.   Now, I’ve never bought a cheap seat cover that actually fitted properly, but it would give you a basic pattern to work from.

If it was me, and I decided to go down the pre-made cover route, I would fit the cover,  grab some french chalk, and pins, and mark out where the changes need to be made.   I would then dismantle the cheap cover, and repin/stitch the cover together.   Refit, and check out how it looks.   Once the fit looks not too bad, dismantle the pieces, and there is your pattern.

I would at this point be tempted to then cut out the pattern in some thick scrap material, stitch it and do a refit.   If all well, use this to cut out the final leather material.   The thicker material should give you your proper pattern sizes to allow for leather thickness, and maybe use it as a liner on the seat.  I would imaging that leather seats use some kind of liner/backing, as hot and sticky leather would be prone to stretching?

Being me, I’d prefer to remove the original seat cover, dismantle it, and use that as a direct pattern.  

There are a number of youtube vids that show how a seat cover is constructed, which should fill in all the knowledge gaps I’ve left here. Also, no doubt a more knowledgable person shall be along to advise you better.

Friend made his own and did pattern and mockup out of muzlin fabric, is cheap and can fool with it to get the look you want