Turnaround

Juki LU-562 subclass 3

Has anyone ever successfully converted a subclass 3 machine into a full LU-562 with reverse lever and mechanism to sew in reverse?

I have a subclass 3 (meaning reverse delete) and would love to have the reversing capability added if there is a kit and machining blueprint. 

2 hours ago, Turnaround said:

Has anyone ever successfully converted a subclass 3 machine into a full LU-562 with reverse lever and mechanism to sew in reverse?

I have a subclass 3 (meaning reverse delete) and would love to have the reversing capability added if there is a kit and machining blueprint. 

Three posts!

Please all, hit submit only once, wait for the server to respond.  It gets busy at times because we have so many active members, which is really great.  Slow connections may also impact how long it takes to get a response.

Tom

7 hours ago, Turnaround said:

My 2 cents: Better buy a used machine with reverse instead. Even if it was possible the parts and labor would cost more than a used machine with reverse.

All the parts aren't available anymore & if you could get all the parts there's some machining you'll have to figure out as you'd never be able to get any blueprints for it.

I think I would keep practicing one of the various *stitch locking methods* evolved in a time when reverse was rare,  while you scour the sale lists for a bargain on a (non-subclass 3) LU-563 or one of the other dozens of roughly equivalent walking foot machines which come with reverse. It DOES happen. You will certainly be money ahead in this endeavor. I sort of prefer the LU-563 and some of the Singer 211's simply because of the *U* style bobbins...

-DC

Ive watched ads and looked now for over a year and the best I ever saw was a LU563 in the $900 range. I have a 562 but would like another with the larger bobbin.

Switch the parts, the hardest part is getting the bottom shaft out & changing the take up lever.