Fire88

First round knife

Up until now I had been using a utility knife to do my cutting which I could never get the clean cuts I wanted. So I picked up a Vergez Blanchard 125mm round knife as my first. Out of the package the blade felt really sharp. So I put it to work on some 8oz leather scrap free handing some straight lines and skiving some edges and it was the easiest I've ever cut leather. I can't believe I didn't buy one sooner.

I feel your joy. Heck, we all do! Ain't it great!?!?! It's like magic, or buttah!

Fire88,

Congrats on the new round blade. You sound very satisfied by its quality and sharp edge.

That's awesome.

Are you going to build a nice leather sheath for it?

Would you please post a pic of your prize. ;-)

Chas

Edited by ChasCS

On 11/5/2017 at 11:50 PM, ChasCS said:

Fire88,

Congrats on the new round blade. You sound very satisfied by its quality and sharp edge.

That's awesome.

Are you going to build a nice leather sheath for it?

Would you please post a pic of your prize. ;-)

Chas

This is a quick easy one I made up at the station Sunday night waiting for a radio pouch to dry. The IAFF logo is burned in using a custom stamp I just got in.

IMG_2679.JPG

Edited by Fire88

Hey, good job. That's very nice, & it shows us all, that you are 'hot' on it. ;-)

Thanks for sharing it, well done. . .

Chas

On 10/31/2017 at 8:27 PM, Fire88 said:

Up until now I had been using a utility knife to do my cutting which I could never get the clean cuts I wanted. So I picked up a Vergez Blanchard 125mm round knife as my first. Out of the package the blade felt really sharp. So I put it to work on some 8oz leather scrap free handing some straight lines and skiving some edges and it was the easiest I've ever cut leather. I can't believe I didn't buy one sooner.

I have 2 knives from Terry Knipschield, the French model and the pull cut model 1. Both are really nice knives and really sharp!