BaroqueLeatherGal

Compression spring for Ferdco Pro 2000

Hey guys, 

My main compression spring in my Ferdco Pro bull 2000 is starting to breakdown. I'm having a really hard time finding any parts for this machine since they have gone out of business. I have called Hoffman Brothers multiple times and left messages, with NO call back..Getting a bit frustrated to be honest. This is my shops main machine, having it down for any length of time is not an option. Any leads on parts for this machine, or even a supplier that will call me back would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks guys 

You'll have to find out which machine your Ferdco is based on. I'm guessing it's either a Juki or Seiko. Knowing the original make and model opens up your parts sourcing options a great deal. Post a few pictures of your machine so we can narrow down the make and model of the original machine.   

Give me a call tomorrow,I'll be in the shop from 7-1 eastern time.

27 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Give me a call tomorrow,I'll be in the shop from 7-1 eastern time.

What is the telephone number? I'm not in the shop tomorrow but I need to get this figured out asap. Thanks cowboyBob

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

You'll have to find out which machine your Ferdco is based on. I'm guessing it's either a Juki or Seiko. Knowing the original make and model opens up your parts sourcing options a great deal. Post a few pictures of your machine so we can narrow down the make and model of the original machine.   

I can get some photos on Monday. How would I know which one it's based off? 

Bob's number shows up twice in the signature at the bottom of his post. You'll know which machine it's based off if you give us a chance to tell you after we get a look at it.

Edited by Uwe

This is a 441 clone. It will likely take the same foot pressure spring as a Cowboy CB4500.

Nothing super special about the spring, really. Juki Part No. 210-50802, should be less than $10. This is what a new spring looks like:

Juki-210-50802.jpg