Hello friends!

A quick question: I'm touching up a black guitar strap with white letters and need to clean up the black edges a little bit. After tooling, I dyed the strap black. Applied 2 coats of Tandy super sheen. After that, I applied an additional 2 coats of Supershene to the letters only. Painted them with white Cova color. I need to clean up some of the black beveled on the letters and was wondering if it'd be alright to use a Sharpie pen to touch up the black. Thanks for your time!

PepeUnidos

I would have thought no. But I only watched a video of a leather worker yesterday and he used a permanent marker for all his edges. 

I use black permanent markers for my edges all the time, haven't had a problem yet!

I was talking to Hidepounder at Sheridan. He said he uses them or has can't remember. They are basically alcohol dye pens.

I have used them for small areas like small lettering and touching up.  Experimenting w larger areas,  it seemed like the color had a flat sheen compared to a rich full color from regular dye.  I mostly use dye pens from Tandy (filled w Feibings), but still use fine Sharpies for narrow lettering.  The dye pen tips are not super narrow and seem to soften w time. --John

They're great to go over places that might have been masked by a little too much contact cement.  Or, so I,'ve heard...