I can't seem to find a previous post on using 3m spray adhesive on large flat areas of leather and fabric to be glued. Which 3m product is  best the red or green can. Or is there a better product to use. I am wanting to glue liners in bags before sewing. Thanks

Edited by Kenl

3 hours ago, Kenl said:

I can't seem to find a previous post on using 3m spray adhesive on large flat areas of leather and fabric to be glued. Which 3m product is  best the red or green can. Or is there a better product to use. I am wanting to glue liners in bags before sewing. Thanks

I recently made a laptop bag and used heat sensitive tape to secure the fabric to the leather prior to sewing.  Worked pretty good, but some fabrics may be heat sensitive or too thick to heat sufficiently to hold to the leather without damaging the fabric with the heat.  You can buy the heat tape at Walmart in the sewing section.

Gary

I tried the m90 the other day. I only used it for a binding strip. And that was leather to leather.

Here's what I learned. Spray a light to medium coat. It like to bubble. So with everything still taped off, drag a rag across it. It will remove and keep bubbles from forming. After I did that, I removed the tape and wax paper protectors.

It worked well, it flashes faster than contact cement, and the spray is much faster to apply, while the fumes disperse more quickly.

I liked it.

Thanks for the replys