stormcrow

Do these look ok for Etsy

I’m currently thinking about trying to sell some of my stuff on Etsy so I thought I’d have a go at getting some better photos of my work.

I’ve not currently got a Light Tent but one is on its way so for these I used a collapsible laundry basket which is similar to a light tent but the proportions are all wrong. I also used a set of table top lights like these 

These were taken with the lights a little too high so when I get my proper light tent I will try again with the lights lowered a little.

Do these photos look like they will be ok for Etsy?

GCbwHSr.jpg

v4So6gU.jpg

LESG6Yi.jpg

UTc87P3.jpg

b8SY9Vs.jpg

You better put those on Esty. 

Or, you can send to me and I'll bury them in my back yard.  :P

I think they look terrific. One question: is it supposed to have this? Is that a seam or something? I saw them on the tan one too.

5a70caab155fd_DotheselookokforEtsy-LeatherPhotography-Leatherworker.net-MozillaFirefox2018-01-3013_41_06.png.9c8740fa2c6ee267108cc731189ef92b.png

7 minutes ago, cradom said:

I think they look terrific. One question: is it supposed to have this? Is that a seam or something? I saw them on the tan one too.

5a70caab155fd_DotheselookokforEtsy-LeatherPhotography-Leatherworker.net-MozillaFirefox2018-01-3013_41_06.png.9c8740fa2c6ee267108cc731189ef92b.png

They are T pockets. It can be pretty hard to make them invisible. It's a way to cut down on bulk. They best way I've found is to make the bottom pocket longer than needed. Then you can butt the T pocket TIGHT and still be able to trim the bottom pocket. If that all makes sense. And those pic and wallets look plenty good for ETSY. I also agree to use a darker background on the lighter ones.

Thanks for the comments everyone, My light tent arrives tomorrow so if I get time I will be able to have a play with that.

Cradom Mattsbagger is correct they are T pockets. These were some of my older wallets I photographed and I think I'm getting better at hiding those now.

It actually wasn't till I started photographing my wallets a while ago that I noticed how noticeable they were this made me more aware of them and now I am more careful to hide them.

Great looking photos.  Far better than mine for my canes on Etsy.  I do agree a different color background for the tan wallets would be good to make them stand out more.

I love that last wallet and gorgeous wood BTW.

They look way better than some of the stuff I've seen on Etsy! Good job!