KittenThrasher

Hi folks,

I've been posting on these forums for a little while now and thought it was about time I put up some of my own work so you can see I do actually make things and not just talk about it!!

Attached are a few pictures of stuff I've been making recently, I like working with veg tan, I use spray and airbrush for dying, (both cheapo chinese varieties which work surprisingly well for less than $20 a pop) I enjoy stitching with a good film on netflix or Amazon or something. I am always looking for a better way to do things, usually nothing much comes of it but sometimes you just hit a bit of a gem of an idea.

I posted a new thread today talking about my favourite design software - QCAD - the items in the pictures were drawn up on qcad and the templates/patterns (what's the difference by the way?) were laminated print outs as per my thread.

The purses I was playing with trying out different ways of stitching, edging and finishing.

I also make my own knives and as many of my other tools as I can, I thought initially I'd save money making my own tools but I definately haven't, quite the opposite.

That's it for now!

Have fun.

purse-01.jpg

purse-01a.jpg

purse-01b.jpg

purse-02.jpg

purse-03.jpg

purse-04.jpg

folder-01.jpg

folder-02.jpg

Yep, just like all of us thought, "hey, I'll just make my own sheaths and belts. I'll save a tone of money." Hahahahaha!!!:lol:

Your work looks very clean.

2 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Yep, just like all of us thought, "hey, I'll just make my own sheaths and belts. I'll save a tone of money." Hahahahaha!!!:lol:

Your work looks very clean.

Never quite seems to end there though does it,,  :rolleyes:

Thousands of dollars later, I got a belt and a wallet.

Very clean work... And yes, a belt and a wallet indeed!

On 1/29/2018 at 1:34 PM, bikermutt07 said:

Thousands of dollars later, I got a belt and a wallet.

Okay, I about lost it on that one!  I've got one of those belts and wallets, too!

Nice work, Kitten

On 1/29/2018 at 1:52 PM, KittenThrasher said:

Never quite seems to end there though does it,,  :rolleyes:

No, it doesn't.  All my friends and family have crappy versions of leather creations that I have pawned off on them in the guise of "please wear this out and let me know what I should do different" simply because I had a hard time throwing something away that I spent time and $$ on.  And because the rubbish bin was full of the previous efforts and I didn't feel like taking it out to the curb just yet.

I like your designs, they are clean and look very functional!  Craftsmanship looks nice too!

YinTx

1 hour ago, YinTx said:

No, it doesn't.  All my friends and family have crappy versions of leather creations that I have pawned off on them in the guise of "please wear this out and let me know what I should do different" simply because I had a hard time throwing something away that I spent time and $$ on.  And because the rubbish bin was full of the previous efforts and I didn't feel like taking it out to the curb just yet.

I like your designs, they are clean and look very functional!  Craftsmanship looks nice too!

YinTx

All most makes ya feel bad, doesn't it?

Them ugly things are gonna last forever. :lol:

4 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Okay, I about lost it on that one!  I've got one of those belts and wallets, too!

Nice work, Kitten

Yep, and I have officially sold a key chain, a wallet, five coin purses and a bracelet. Practically rolling in profits.