b2k

Seiko LSC 8b LH1

Hello gents,
I've purchased a Seiko LSC 8b LH1, equipped with a 1400w clutch motor small pulley. The machine was nearly spotless and very carefully mntained, and I'm very satisfied with it so far.
Now I'm searching for a pull-down roller guide, but I can't find an online dealer nor I've find it on the official catalog. Anyone knows of a compatible and/or retrofittable guide? I cannot use a magnetic guide since it has a moving plate on the cylinder arm.
Also any tips and pitfalls I should be wary of using this machine?

I'm not recalling what the backside of the casing looks like on those machines. Perhaps drilling and tapping some mounting holes might be in order. KH has a ton of options.

2500 max rpm motor, 1,4kwh of electricity consumption.

It was already installed, the machine was to be used for heavy tarps and trailer covers. 

On the back of the cylinder casing there are two screw holes.

I'll look in that's website to see of there is something adaptable, thanks a lot!

I bought a pull down guide from ebay for $15 and compared it to the $145 ones and see no differance.

4 hours ago, b2k said:

2500 max rpm motor, 1,4kwh of electricity consumption.

Man, that's a bit of a beast! And I thought my 750w servo was pretty good......

That edge guide looks pretty good for $24.

16 hours ago, dikman said:

More like 1400 rpm maybe?

That's what I thought as well. 

A Quick update, I've order the edge guide on eBay, but since postage from china could arrive   in april I built this contraption to sew a long straight line

Works good enough to sew long edges, straps, belts and such 

IMG_20180216_191837.jpg

Wery nice I bought an ebay one and found a couple USA sellers around $20. 

Most clutch motors out here in Australia are 600watts, speed is usually 1425 or 1850rpm.....   for leatherwork you wouldn't want the 2850.

We sell the Cowboy CB227r and package it with a drop down guide, the machine is quite similar to yours.... there are a number of guides, however the one we order is the GB-2

Sorry for the thread necro, but I didn't want to open a new one and clutter the forums.

I'm searching the gauge parts to change the machine from sinchronized binder to normal cylinder bed
But I cannot find by searching the parts number from the catalog.
At minimum I will need the needle plate, feed plate (dog?, called plate on the catalog) and both inner and outer foot.. Parts 17089-a, 17565, 17086-a, 17083-a
But my google-fu is failing me, and I cannot find them. Anyone knows a good website where to find them (college sewing seems out of stock and the parts numbers do not match up)?
Or if there is a compatible model with another brand that I should search? It seems some singer parts could be compatible, but I'm not so sure, any help appreciated!

parts seiko.jpg