Forester

User manual for Cowboy CB 4500

Hi All.

Does anybody have a user manual for the Cowboy CB 4500. I got a new machine today and the instructions manual and illustrated parts catalogue i got with it is a waste of time, there are parts on the machine i don't know they are used for. Plus i am building it from scratch, which is a bit difficult.

Regards Forester

I just got mine, and the manuals are crap. Your best bet is the videos online. The dealers are very helpful, though. The Chinese manual is a hoot if you wan't to thread the machine. Also, the parts manual (China), doesn't even have some of the same parts that my machine has. 

How is it you're building it from scratch?

Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines has a videos page that has a video showing how to thread a CB4500 (and related models) and others demonstrating how to sew different items on it. The links load the selected video into a frame on the page.

Right, I've found those videos to be extremely helpful. I still screwed up the threading once yesterday...I caught it though! 

Hi alpha2, got it flat packed, it was cheaper by nearly £500 than if i had it built by the supplier. Still scratching my head on a few parts, lots of e mails and calls to the supplier.

Regards Forester

Ah, that makes sense! Mine came with the base-plate, upright post, and table assembled. I had to disassemble them to get them up the stairs! That stuff is way past what I'm supposed to be lifting. If you need any pics of assemblies maybe I can take some of my machine. I got some good tips from freezing the videos at certain places and looking at theirs.

Jeff

I respectfully am curious; i still havent a clue what flat packed would mean.  Might this mean the shipment is on a pallet. With flywheel needing installed, the machine to be installed on the stand that requires assembly. 

I have a cloned machine also from the Juki 441 as many do. Interesting the technical manual question among I think all of us. Before any heat arises the videos of tuning and various aspects are actually great! On all the represented machines we talk about these days.

In the past a mention and link somewhere for the Juki 441 manual was up so I printed one and was amazed at the help it provided. This information I had, for my Cobra was now Improved by learning of another Superb technical manual from the Artisian company. This manual of their Toro has information thats also based on the 441.

So for some reference on these 441 clones keep this excelent link in your library. Of course your own brand and their professional dealers should be ask and informed first of any questions.

http://www.artisansew.com/pdf/manuals/TORO_30_32_40_BT_manual.pdf

good day

Floyd

Edited by brmax

Hi alpha2 and brmax.

Yes i had to carry mine upstairs as well and i nearly busted a gut doing so, some pictures would be useful, thanks.

And when i say flat packed i mean it came on a pallet in individual boxes, not assembled.

Regards Forester

All my sewing and leather related equipment etc. is on the second floor of our home. I bought what would normally be a 2 wheel cart used in businesses, with 3 wheels on each side. I tried it with a 27" computer. Won't be trying to lift any 100 pound machines anymore.

Ferg

Hi All

Took some doing but now up and running, just got to get used to it now.

Regards Forester

DSCF7634_opt.jpg

DSCF7635_opt.jpg

DSCF7636_opt.jpg

DSCF7637_opt.jpg

DSCF7638_opt.jpg

I am curious, what motor comes with that HighTex. My cowboy has the the FS-550

In fact you are not talking about assembling the machine but the stand.  It is clear from the pictures that the machine only needed the flywheel put on.  So the stands might be different depending on which dealer you bought from. The stand my CB 4500 is quite different from the one in your pictures.

Edited by catskin

My CB4500 stand looks identical to Forester's

Nice machine ya got there Forester! Enjoy

Garypl Its not surprising to me :) Im pretty sure the Cowboy brand is the US affiliate of Hightex.  Somehow its still not surprising to me my Cobra stand is the same, although color is a bit different as is the table. With age it gets easier to be this way.  

Hey its Friday!

Floyd

Hightex Special Sewing Machine (China) owns the Hightex and Cowboy brand names. Cowboy USA is their preferred brand sold in the USA. The company's website is www.cowboysew.com 

On 2/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, brmax said:

I respectfully am curious; i still havent a clue what flat packed would mean.  Might this mean the shipment is on a pallet. With flywheel needing installed, the machine to be installed on the stand that requires assembly. 

I have a cloned machine also from the Juki 441 as many do. Interesting the technical manual question among I think all of us. Before any heat arises the videos of tuning and various aspects are actually great! On all the represented machines we talk about these days.

In the past a mention and link somewhere for the Juki 441 manual was up so I printed one and was amazed at the help it provided. This information I had, for my Cobra was now Improved by learning of another Superb technical manual from the Artisian company. This manual of their Toro has information thats also based on the 441.

So for some reference on these 441 clones keep this excelent link in your library. Of course your own brand and their professional dealers should be ask and informed first of any questions.

http://www.artisansew.com/pdf/manuals/TORO_30_32_40_BT_manual.pdf

good day

Floyd

Thanks for posting this link Floyd - this is a very clear manual for the 441 machine!

Gary

Hightex markets under three names, or did.....Hightex, Cowboy and Master.    Master was black and has faded away.   Yes that's the small stand, out here in Oz we have that one and the bigger stand.    England does not have a Cowboy dealer so you can order direct from Australia and have it delivered to England or Britain or you can order direct from Hightex in China.    Some people in both Australia and the USA think they might save money by buying direct but then have headaches and actually pay the same price, as we dealers buy in bulk so get the machines cheaper and we ship in bulk so get the freight cheaper.    We keep those savings as our profit and you get the machine for the same price, plus of course its assembled and tested, comes with a local warranty and you can ask questions of the dealer.

If you are going to buy  Cowboy machine, buy it from Hightex, not an Alibaba/hong kong/Singapore outlet, as machines that fail quality control will end up with these people.

Hi Singermania

You can now by a CB4500 in the UK now, i bought mine from the Franklins group main shop which is in Colchester UK.

Regards Forester

Ok Forester, I didn't see them on the list of authorised dealers, how is it you had to put it together?

Hi Singermania

It was £500 cheaper that way.

Regards Forester

I had bought my Cobra with little use from an individual.  In my mind the shipping you mention you selected, I thought was a standard, throughout the globe!  

Just for the reason of shipping ease. Although I can imagine a complete setup on the pallet can be obtained. It would seem this method may need fully boxed.  I can only think how best to reduce the top heavy aspect. 

Anyway were all glad to see you got the machine settled in  :rockon:

have a Good Friday

Floyd 

Although it is sometimes done, I would never recommend shipping a head on top of a table, the 4500 weighs about 150 lb or 70 kg,  too much for a table and castors to withstand on a bumpy journey.   Sometimes shipping is free with the price of the machine, however you usually have to pay port charges which are substantial.     We order about $25,000 a month and the port and  charges amount to about an extra $5000