Colt W Knight

Using Wax Lube Pot on a 441

I have the same issue, when the thread is being pulled out of the pot it pulls the lube with it and then runs everywhere, I just keep a rag handy that I can wipe everything down with when done.  I guess that with everything there is going to be a trade off, no lube hot thread and the other issues that goes along with that.  I have just learned to live with that, I guess if there was a way to add a wiper to absorb the excess before it got all over everything else that would be a good solution, just need to figure out where to place it.

I cannot recall a top view of the wax pot, but will just tos this out for an idea. 

Can anyone put a peice of thick wool or foam in the pot, say above the thread and liquid.  

I know its not a wiper of that sort just a splash suppresser. B) 

Good day

Floyd

A splash suppressor, is that a silencer for a water-gun?

Seriously, though, could you just hot-melt glue a piece of felt to the inside where the thread exits, to wipe the excess off the thread before it exits the pot? Any excess would drop back into the pot.

Jeff

Its sure possible, if I had a wax pot. ;)

I may just pop over the other post and have Uwe print me a taller one. Would not want him to have to much fun with the new toys. :lol:

have a good day

Floyd

When I used my lube pot I took a small piece of soft sponge, cut a slit in it, and ran the thread through it just before it exited the lube pot.  Never had any problem with excess lube getting all over.

Gary