rhinez0r

JUKI 1508/LU-563N - I can't remove the bobbin case?

Does anyone have experience with clearing out stuck thread in a JUKI 1508/LU-563N?

Here's a picture of the thread stuck under the bobbin case. I can't seem to remove the bobbin case at ALL. I can turn the handwheel and the case itself spins just fine. 

Picture of the jam:

juki.jpg

juki2.jpg

Edited by rhinez0r

Grab the small tab and and try to turn the bobbin case until it comes off - there is just 1 position where it comes off. If it is stuck for some reason you can try to grab the center post with pliers or you have to remove the entire hook for further inspections. Thats what I would do.

Oil all the way around the groove the bobbincase sets in,then you should be able to turn it counter-clockwise to get the thread out,once in a while you can use a screwdriver & tap on the tab lightly to break it loose,(counter-clockwise only).

Thanks all - we used a pair of pliers to grip the bobbin case and turn it. Just a small piece of thread stuck under the case. Appreciate all the help.