chriscraft

Oil Field Refinery Tool Belt & Radio harness

I'm looking to build some tool belts along with a double 2-way radio shoulder harness for a few friends that are in Oil Refinery field service work.

I did this type of rough neck work myself sometime back in the Houston Texas area. While working for the Koch oil field company based out of Houston, my company would pay us extra to travel within the US to other oil refineries to install and service oil field equipment. I would often run into Refinery Plant Operators that were wearing custom leather radio harness and leather tool belts.   Some of these looked home made but some were top knotch custom rigs.

I know that some were just a customized inexpensive carpenters tool belt but some were built specific to only hold a few basic operator tools. I've seen Similar built leather tool belt rigs in the Forestry Tree service industry.

What it needs to carry:

Radio harness- these carried 1-2 two-way Motorola radios similar to a Firefighter radio harness but looked more vest like. They had pockets to carry paperwork, pens and small items such as Lock-Out-Tag-Out tags, keys and zip ties.

Tool belt- They resembled electrician line man tool belts that carried basic tools such as scrapers, ball peen hammer, channel locks, flash light, glove sling, tape measure, leatherman knife and a few slots for metal marking markers and pencils.

With all the different oil refinery plants spread out throughout the United States, I'm wondering if anyone here has built anything like this? 

Looking for ideas while I take the plung at building one of these niche market leather rigs. 

Interesting, I know a lot of field workers around here, I'll have ask around! Thanks for the info.

Jeff