Dun

Slim ish Wallet? Inside out bifold? Another test

Tried to go for a slimmed down front pocket wallet. Mentally turned a bifold wallet inside out for the design, sewing it shut in the middle to form a bill slot. Does that have a name already?

Feel free to critique and offer suggestions.

Couldn't see my prick marks in the black so the awl holes are all kinds of wonky. It's only made out pigskin lining leather since it was a test piece.

The card windows work well for getting the front card out while still sitting.

2018-04-16 14.20.39.jpg

2018-04-16 14.19.29.jpg

2018-04-16 14.21.16.jpg

2018-04-16 14.21.54.jpg

2018-04-16 14.22.21.jpg

2018-04-16 14.25.21.jpg

Edited by Dun

Don't know of a special name for the middle pocket.  I made one similar and frankly got tired of prying it open to return the cash so I just left one whole side open on the next one.  Much more convenient.  YMMV.

This one has been my EDC for about a year.  Holds 8 plus cards and cash.  Front pocket friendly.

image.jpeg

Edited by Tugadude

I like both. This one has been living in my front pocket for awhile now.

KIMG0043-2080x1170.JPG

I quit wrestling bills into the right side right after I started using it. I just fold it and slide them in behind the open flap. I like it fine.

Just when I thought I'd seen every wallet design Mutt whips out a new one.  Very nice!  Only thing I'd consider is moving one pocket from the left to the right for more balance.  But it looks fine as-is.

16 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Just when I thought I'd seen every wallet design Mutt whips out a new one.  Very nice!  Only thing I'd consider is moving one pocket from the left to the right for more balance.  But it looks fine as-is.

I've had this one for a bit. It is a Wuta pattern. He has some really original designs for wallets.

On 4/16/2018 at 4:13 PM, bikermutt07 said:

I like both. This one has been living in my front pocket for awhile now.

KIMG0043-2080x1170.JPG

I quit wrestling bills into the right side right after I started using it. I just fold it and slide them in behind the open flap. I like it fine.

Mutt, how do you think this wallet style would function if you put 1 fold in the dollar bill before inserting it and chopped off the 1/3rd on the right? I really like the design, but I can't stop thinking about minimizing the amount of leather used.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, Tugadude said:

Don't know of a special name for the middle pocket.  I made one similar and frankly got tired of prying it open to return the cash so I just left one whole side open on the next one.  Much more convenient.  YMMV.

This one has been my EDC for about a year.  Holds 8 plus cards and cash.  Front pocket friendly.

image.jpeg

I think I'm going to try an open sided next. 
I was trying to have a certain amount of slots and the wallet still be short enough my fingers/thumnb could squeeze the middle open. I think what I need to do is commit to shortening it by a slot or lengthening so the existing amount of slots lay flatter(and open the end like yours).

I made one where the middle had to be accessed by squeezing the ends and found it to be a pain in the tookas.  It was especially hard with multiple cards in the slots due to the added stiffness.  So for me, the open flap was very helpful.

50 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

I made one where the middle had to be accessed by squeezing the ends and found it to be a pain in the tookas.  It was especially hard with multiple cards in the slots due to the added stiffness.  So for me, the open flap was very helpful.

Makes sense. And the pocket itself should hold the wallet closed so nothing falls out, even when lined with smooth leather.

@Dun, if I was going to go that route it would probably be fine. Although, I would maybe step up the leather to 3-4oz. This wallet is down to 1.5-2oz. I would maybe add another slot on the backside as well. It would probably max out at 7 or 8 bills.

Even lined I think the friction will be sufficient.  Even open on one edge I have to tug to get the bills out.  Or maybe it is all psychological?!!!