simran

Information on Chandler C75/ or Mitsubishi LU-105

I do a lot of canvas and leather sewing of bags of all sorts for Redezvous, bicycling, camping,

canoeing and other outdoor activities. been doing it for a lot of years I don't make any money at

this but I have a good time and it keeps me busy in the winter during the dark cold winter months.

I currently have 3 machines: a Singer 7 class flatbed, singer 45 class cylinder bed and a Thompson

Miniwalker.

I am wanting to replace the Thompson with a little sturdier machine for doing most of the canvas

sewing & sewing some lighter leather to the canvas for trim, pockets etc. I have found a

Chandler C-75/ Mitsubishi LU-105 (one in the same I believe) for 300.00; just the head. I'm

wondering if anyone has any first hand information on this machine as far as how well it will fit

into my arsenal of machines for what I'm doing. I've looked at new machines and I am just not

serious enough about this to make a business out of it; therefor can't justify the price of a new

machine.

Thanks for any help out there.

Simran

Perhaps this video will help you decide if the Mitsubishi is right for you.

I actually watched this video, Wiz, before I posted. Thanks tho; I should have mentioned it but failed to.

I'm not crazy about the automatic oiler. I wonder if there is any way to oil the thing by hand? I rarely see fast enough for an automated oiling system. I had a Singer bottom feed with automated oiler and never did like it. Sold it years ago..

Simran

The Consew 206RB-5 is manually oiled and has a safety clutch that protects the hook in case of a thread jam in the shuttle. It is an excellent upholstery class walking foot machine.

Do you have any pictures of that Chandler C75? Nothing comes up online for that model (not for a Mitsubishi LU-105, either.) A single letter can make a big difference in those model names (DU or LU?) I'm just not sure which machine we're actually talking about here.

Uwe, the Mitzi it is a DU-105.

If that Chandler C-75 is indeed a Mitsubishi DU-105 with a Chandler badge stuck on it, then it would be a good candidate for $300, provided that all it needs are adjustments and wear parts. That design shares great deal with the Seiko LSW-8B (Consew 339RB) and those machines are workhorses in my experience. They survive decades of hard work outside their specs with little love and even less oil. 

If that Chandler C-75 is not a close relative of those machines mentioned above, I'd stay away simply because it's apparently as rare as a spotted pink elephant and you won't be able to find parts unless you know who actually manufactured that machine. 

I still want to see a picture of a Chandler C-75.

19 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I still want to see a picture of a Chandler C-75.

The upper looks very much like our Mitsubishi CU-865s

-DC

I just purchased a Chandler 67 GK373.  Had it out in the shop to do some maintenance. I have the directions for use but it doesn’t tell you where to oil the thing.  This is my first industrial.  I plan on using it to make bags and wallets.  It’s a walking foot machine and I love it.  I’m just afraid to use it much right now until I know how to oil it and maintain it myself.  Been sewing for 55 years.  Started off with an old treadle making all my clothes, gowns, etc.  Any help or where to find some reference material would be so helpful.  How often to oil it also.  Thanks in advance.