SouthernCross

Knipschield knives?

I put my name down for a pull knife back in January.  Not sure how long his wait list is atm.  Now I kinda wanna get a French head knife as well...  

2 hours ago, SouthernCross said:

That's what I'm thinking.   I'm still not convinced that a pull-knife wouldn't suit me better, though, having tried an Osborne head knife just recently. 

I haven't tried an Osbourne. They do take a little getting used too. 

I have been making razor knife cuts towards me for 25 years. It took a little while to get comfortable with the push cut.

51 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I put my name down for a pull knife back in January.  Not sure how long his wait list is atm.  Now I kinda wanna get a French head knife as well...  

I think my last order took 5 months. Keep in mind, he has no one else touching these knives. When I first contacted him I asked about what he might have in stock. He laughed and said he hadn't had stock in 4 years. Once Nigel did his review, Terry was slammed.

If you could make it to one of the shows you could maybe buy one off his table. I'm sure he gets some made up for those.

17 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

I think my last order took 5 months. Keep in mind, he has no one else touching these knives. When I first contacted him I asked about what he might have in stock. He laughed and said he hadn't had stock in 4 years. Once Nigel did his review, Terry was slammed.

If you could make it to one of the shows you could maybe buy one off his table. I'm sure he gets some made up for those.

Yeah, I kinda figured that it was going to be a long wait.  I didn't even ask.  He told me he'd put me down for one.  That was good enough for me.  I'll wait as long as it takes...  :P

Pull knives are ok, but tough to make tight corners with in my experience.  I didn't know that about Keiths knife, but the one I held looked and felt just like mine.  Good to know.

As for wait time, let me say this.  I am happy to see all of you willing to wait.  Terry stresses out about the long wait times, but he refuses to cut corners in his process and I can assure you the wait is wort it.  So much so that if you don't like his knife, I will buy it from you without question.  Terry is a friend of mine, and  I would wait years for one of his knives if I had to.  They're that good.

I don't mind wait times and, as a craftsman myself, have learned to never, ever try to rush someone's work - it never turns out well when folks start pestering me for completion dates on a holster.