Clintonville Leather

Metalic Kangaroo Lace Question

A customer wants silver Kangaroo buckstitching but it seems most of it is a foil laminate.  Does anyone know of one that isn't a foil or does anyone have any experience with an unfinished lace that might take an eco flo metallic waterstain.  It is to match a sterling buckle.  Thank you.

Natural or will take any stain, dye or paint just like veg tanned cow.  Or you could just get a hide from a metal roo :P

4 minutes ago, immiketoo said:

Natural or will take any stain, dye or paint just like veg tanned cow.  Or you could just get a hide from a metal roo :P

Great, thank you, I will try that.  The one natural I saw was glazed.  I will call my suppliers to see what they have  That was my second idea using metal would look great, it would just be a chore..

Y knot Lace sells lovely natural roo as does knotty linda.  Just give either of them a call and order some.

2 minutes ago, immiketoo said:

Y knot Lace sells lovely natural roo as does knotty linda.  Just give either of them a call and order some.

Good to know, thank you.  If I cannot add it to an existing order to save shipping I will call them.

G'Day, 

I know this is the other side of the planet, but this is what I've used ( in silver) This is my supplier here in Oz. 

http://www.birdsall-leather.com.au/Kangaroo-Lacing/Metallic/3mm/pl.php

I have used it on bags , and its quite good.  But I used short lengths rather than one long length.  

Check out our prices here in Oz, and compare them to your prices while you're at it. I'd be guessing that yours are much cheaper. 

15 hours ago, Handstitched said:

G'Day, 

I know this is the other side of the planet, but this is what I've used ( in silver) This is my supplier here in Oz. 

http://www.birdsall-leather.com.au/Kangaroo-Lacing/Metallic/3mm/pl.php

I have used it on bags , and its quite good.  But I used short lengths rather than one long length.  

Check out our prices here in Oz, and compare them to your prices while you're at it. I'd be guessing that yours are much cheaper. 

Hello. you have not had an issue with that delaminating?  It looks like 10m is $17 and change about the same here but shipping is usually expensive when I send items to Australia.

No, I've had  no issues with it, however I do only use short lengths at a time, just like I do with  any lacing . Perhaps if I used one long length maybe then there might be an issue towards the end of a project. 

HS