Simbinas

Wholesale supplier recommendation copper rivets and grommets.

Does anyone have a recommendation to purchase #9 copper rivets? I am on the west coast and am buying through Tandy leather by the 50 pack (rivet and burr) but need to buy in quantity like by the pound. I have contacted a few places but they are no savings. Attached it the picture of the rivets we use, what type of rivet would you call this? Recommended suppliers?

Also, we use Stimpson brand brass rolled rim grommets in #0 and #7. I buy on the Stimpson web store and contacted an a representative to buy the grommet machines and had some issues but his quoteon grommets was exactly the same as the webstore. Anyone dealt with quantity buying from Stimpson and getting their prices lower on grommets than the online price?

Tandy rivet.jpg

Ohio Travel Bag has #9 rivets and burrs for @$20-21 lb

Gary

Weaver Leather has #9 rivets & burrs for $11.25 - 13.24 per pound .. price depends on quantity.

I would call Scovill on the grommets.  http://www.scovill.com/

Pricing on items like these are very quantity driven. 

On 4/25/2018 at 8:02 PM, Simbinas said:

Does anyone have a recommendation to purchase #9 copper rivets? I am on the west coast and am buying through Tandy leather by the 50 pack (rivet and burr) but need to buy in quantity like by the pound. I have contacted a few places but they are no savings. Attached it the picture of the rivets we use, what type of rivet would you call this? Recommended suppliers?

Also, we use Stimpson brand brass rolled rim grommets in #0 and #7. I buy on the Stimpson web store and contacted an a representative to buy the grommet machines and had some issues but his quoteon grommets was exactly the same as the webstore. Anyone dealt with quantity buying from Stimpson and getting their prices lower on grommets than the online price?

Tandy rivet.jpg

Can't help on the rivets, but I would encourage you to check out your local drapery or upholstery trade suppliers if you are looking at purchasing grommets in bulk.  If you don't have a local shop (almost every area has at least one upholstery shop or drapery workroom) you could always check out Rowleycompany.com if you don't have a local supplier.