Mizzy

Anyone familiar with Singer 72W19 industrial?

I’ve found the following information on ISMACS, but has anyone used one?

“This machine is fitted for two-needle hemstitching on shirt waists, underwear, handkerchiefs, ladies' neckwear, etc. The openings are 1/16 inch and the stitch is known as the over-edge hemstitch, the two hemstitch sides of the opening being overseamed.

Attachments can be furnished for use with the machine for automatically guiding and hemming any desired width of material, also for tucking, stitching on lace, plaiting, etc. For ease of operation and for quality and quantity of production, the Singer machines of this class are unequalled.

The illustration shows the machine on table and stand equipped with a 1/7 horse power direct-current Diehl motor, enabling the machine to be driven at varying speeds up to 1300 stitches per minute.

Its cost in New York, equipped as described, is $157.50 [in 1914]. If furnished on foot treadle stand its cost is $132.50.”

I’ll try to add a few pictures.

Yes,it does hemstitching,you might want to look on utube for some videos.We do stock needles & bobbins for them.

Thanks cowboy, I’ve seen some on utube and they look quite difficult to use. The previous owner apparently used mine on shoe uppers but I can’t see how. Or why.

I think mine hasn’t been altered but I really wouldn’t know. I’d like to upload photos for people to view and comment on, but I can’t. 

21 minutes ago, Mizzy said:

Thanks cowboy, I’ve seen some on utube and they look quite difficult to use. The previous owner apparently used mine on shoe uppers but I can’t see how. Or why.

I think mine hasn’t been altered but I really wouldn’t know. I’d like to upload photos for people to view and comment on, but I can’t. 

Use an image/photo resizer program to crop and reduce the file size and you should be able to upload pix to the forum.

Thank you Wizcrafts, I always enjoy reading your postings.

I’ve resized them down from 1.6 mb to 200 kb’s but still can’t upload them. I’ve rebooted the forum and my iPhone, but without success. Other times when I’ve been successful in uploading a picture, it’s usually after multiple attempts, so maybe it’s my server.

Edited by Mizzy
Typo

Mizzy;

Can or have you tried uploading the photos from a computer, rather than your phone?

No not yet, good idea!

From your pics it looks like a standard onmodified 72w19.It is made to sew real thin materials like chiffon & fine tapestries I don't know what they would be doing with this machine sewing shoe uppers.

Edited by CowboyBob

Thank you cowboy, much appreciated. 

I’ll probably put it on eBay then as I don’t want it. 

Looks like it may have been used for doing double row stitching on the uppers. I think it can be used as a single needle as well. An Addler I had could be either single or double needle used and some various widths as well.Here's one off the tube

Thanks for commenting! 

I definately don’t need it or want it so I’ll sell it. Do you think it’s worth $100? I have no idea what to put on it.