Hello,

I have been trying to find some very durable leather gloves for more intense yard clearing. The ones I find at most stores wear out quickly and just aren't that great! Does anyone know where to find the real good quality cowhide gloves that say farmers/ranchers use that can hold up to quite a lot?

Thanks!

I normally buy the cheap split leather gloves from Menards, the ones with the leather palms and cloth backs. this allows them to be used from early spring to late fall. The don't last that long but can be extended with duct tape repairs to the fingers or whatever else you have on hand. then just throw them. When the going gets rough with chainsaws and trimmers etc. then go to welding gloves. Buy a pair a little big as they will go on and off easily. most of the split leather welding gloves with the liners will last a couple of years with heavy use from tree cutting, wood making and fence work along with protecting your arms almost to the elbows. They also work good if you have a knuckle buster job to do. A slipped socket or pry bar will make you a believer in a hurry.

there is a glove company out there by the name of Give'r Gloves, My son gave me a pair that were to small for him. They look to be well built but thinsulate lined so a little to warm to use them now. and a little pricy at 32-45.00 per pair.

I work in a warehouse and have to wear gloves in the winter.  I can destroy cloth gloves in less than a night.  Regular Mechanix gloves last about a week.  But the Mechanix 4X material leather palms usually last me all winter using them for 4-6 hours a night, 5 nights a week.  And they are flexible enough for me to write with a pen while I work, which I have to do as I work.  They are not solid leather but some of the better gloves I've used in the last 5 years.  My problem with welders gloves is that they are thick enough to be tough, but too thick to use a pen with.  

There are several types now, that part is bothersome. But I use to use some of the early mechanix gloves, when I actually turned wrenches before retiring. They were  thin yet leather palms and fingers with some other material on the back side and parchel back of fingers. At that time my first pair ( at the auto parts ) was 20.$ many years ago  

Just recently picked up a 6 pac of thin cowhide type, I always liked these as there nice thin welding, working gloves and menards had them on sale. 

Good day

Floyd