Timothystitch

Class 11-24

Any Singer Class 11-24 's out there?.....just got one......old & BIG.....got every needle to fit....after 5 tweaks and tests....its alive!....still sourcing small stuff.....like to hear about experience in usage, accessories, set-ups ..

cheers

Yes,they are big ,old &  usually sew great.A few parts interchange with Singer 7 class,but be careful with the bobbincase tension spring they are real hard to find.Here's a pic of a 11-36 that sews up the arm(from left to right) they had quite a few variations of this model.

Singer 11-36 001.JPG

Evening Bob…..here it is.....Big zig-zag up the arm. set now to 4 per in. Needle bar was set too high.  Sourcing dog attachments for across the arm. . Shuttle in fair shape. Came with 1/2 a dozen long bobbins. I modified a 211G narrow bobbin to fit in shuttle with well oil felt buffers, to keep the thread in the center. a full long bobbin tends to struggle having the thread draw across to exit the shuttle. Came with only one foot. Looks like it was repaired and modified also. I'll send another pic of other side to see the area in question. I'm brain storming traditional treadle power by using 2 other treadle bases and transverse the power to get about 8:1 ratio.

20180713_205537.thumb.jpg.a3806c6e28b43c112810f4e0e0ab9847.jpg

That's one fine looking machine. I have a 19-10, which appears to be your machine's little brother.

yes....the 19-10 appears to do the same, sewing up the arm & zig-zag, nice! Does yours have feed dog options for sewing across the arm? trying to find out the function of #1 in pic , it has vertical movement of a 1/4". Not sure if its missing other tension management springs or clips etc. #2 is a tension spring that was missing. I Frankensteined  something in its place and seems to work.Its all functional enough to take on my first large boat cover coming up. 

11-24.jpg

I'm not aware of any options for changing the direction of the feed on the 19-10, and TBH I think it would be a lot more effort that it'd be worth -- there's a lot of 9" feed-across-the-arm machines out there, compared with a long-arm machine like yours.

Not sure about part #1, are you sure it's original? Is it stamped SIMANCO anywhere? Looks like your machine doesn't have a thread check spring, is that right? If so that's very unusual.

yes, there is a part number on #1..…..thread check spring was missing...…..I just made one up.......11-24 does have option to change direction across the pipe......would need to source lower dog.....upper is just tension spring...….wish it was a combo feed.

Looks like that #1 part in your photo is Singer Part No. 14768 (according to the Singer 11-24 Parts list) . It turns out I have one of those monsters hiding under my shelves, too, and that part is missing on mine (along with the various tension units). 

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 9.40.43 PM.png

It also seems like your thread path is not quite right. I'm picturing something like this, but I haven't seen an actual owner's manual yet:

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 9.59.25 PM.png

There's no shortage of thread guiding items in the parts diagram. I suspect that Part 11471 is the actual check spring, although I'm not sure exactly where it would go.

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 10.02.50 PM.png   

Edited by Uwe

This reply is a bit late but could help . When the foot is lifted the part #1 lifts up and has a piece at the top that slips between the top thread tension discs. This can be seen on the photo of my machine below . It is missing on yours but can easily be fabricated.

DSCF8929 - Copy.JPG

That is a Very Cool Machine....