I have just finished what I think have been my best holsters. I would love to hear what you think good and bad. I have been doing this for about 4 months so I know I have areas to improve on... Thanks!

5b6eec2db50f5_MolonLabepic1.thumb.jpg.f4ae09bbc5ff038175cce74ffac2a5c5.jpg5b6eec9cb740c_molonlabepic2.thumb.jpg.4fc6204a60fec368aadfa2b318ef7077.jpg5b6eeccf2e0c9_molonlabepic3.thumb.jpg.e84dcaa8759aa46acdaeb2277b7c7e17.jpg

molon labe 020.jpg

I really like the look, especially the painting!  How secure is the retention?  

Gary

Thanks Gary.

I have sold about 20 holsters They have all said they have great retention. I use blue gun molds to fit all my holsters so they are fitted for the model. The hardest part for me is the stitching lol. I am looking to buy a sewing machine to make the holsters have a more professional finish.

My instagram is @OldRepublicTradeCo   and  @Hashtagartz  ...

Here is some of the tooling...

molon labe 001.jpg

Edited by hashtagartz
Wording

I really like your carving and colouring style. Nice looking holsters. Lets see the back sides!

I would be curious to see how much leather is near the safety and the mag release and how it is formed etc. This can cause issue with the holster operating the controls rather than the shooter.

Thank you Plinkercases

Let me know what you think.

back of holster 004.jpg

back of holster 005.jpg

back of holster 006.jpg

back of holster 007.jpg

34 minutes ago, hashtagartz said:

back of holster 005.jpg

Holsters look nice.  But I have a question:  any risk of the holster depressing the magazine release button?

YinTx

I have spent the last 15 mins trying to create a scenario that would cause a mag release. I could not cause it to happen, the leather is very stiff. but I can surely make some changes with my pattern and keep this from being a concern. Thank you for your input.

I take that back if I take my thumb and press down firmly it will release the mag. That being said It would be hard for it to happen while wearing. It will be a simple fix going forward.

yup not worth the risk of the mag release being depressed while wearing/moving/holstering/drawing.... nothing worse than a thud sound after drawing.

Remember some wearers may place it on hip bone and pull the belt tight and this would but pressure on the back side of the holster or the leather may actually "buckle" inwards.

A small adjustment to your recurve and stay clear of it altogether.

You look fine staying away from the safety.

Nice holsters.

No prob, was just curious.  I know leather softens up some with use, and that would be against the body, so had me wondering.  You are right, simple adjustment to the curve would take out the concern.

YinTx