Sign in to follow this  
electrathon

Introduction

I am new here (finally get to post, WaHoo!) I have not been doing leather work for very long. My dad has been doing it off and on for about 50 years and I decided that it was about time I got the hang of it.

Here is a pic of a wallet that I just made. At this time is is some of my best work, I am learning fast and practicing a lot :o)

Aaron

wallet_7_12_07.JPG

post-2349-1184338277_thumb.jpg

Hi, Aaron, and welcome! I am sorry about the delay, and am glad you sent me an email. I try to be sure that only real people get access to the board, not the many spam bots who would like to join.

Very nice carving on the wallet, and I like the way you chose to color it. Because of the lighter colors, the depth of the carving is accented attractively. Welcome to the forum, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Johanna

Hi Aaron welcome and i like the wallet

Thanks to all for the kind words. I am currently working on a "matching" card wallet for my girlfriend. She generally just carries her ID and a few dollars so it needs to be a lot smaller and streamlined. I bought a card holder kit at Tandy but the holes were punched so crooked that it was not usable. I cut a new front out of some 3-4 oz leather (to keep the thickness down, I did the same on the above wallet too). The issue now is I keep looking at the round punched holes and am not sure if I want to use the insides either. I may have to go in and get some thin leather for lining and redo that part too.

I will post a pic of it when I get it done. I am resizing the pattern I used on mine so it will fit hers.

Welcom Aaron. And hope you live close to your dad so you can pick up some help/tips.

Welcome Aaron,

Nice job on the wallet. What kind of lace is that you used?

Ken

What kind of lace is that you used?

It is Kangaroo lace from Tandy. It is a lot thinner than most laces and a lot softer too.