A little over a year ago I did a 1 day course in Matlock learning how to make a bag, then never got round to making another. So last week I decided to make a new one building off the design of the first, and it came out alright. This is one of the bigger projects I’ve done in some time, and I really enjoyed that.

Dyed through veg-tan, 2-2.5mm, with solid brass hardware. The strap is some heavy duty canvas- couldn’t be bothered doing a leather one. There’s some off stitching, I was trying to figure out the corners and botched a couple. It also could do with a bit more shaping so it’s a bit more defined in its shape. And that logo needs to be better placed. But it works, and it suits my taste a bit more than the first one. Feel free to critique!

7A882F2B-8304-4D73-8397-8389E634FF12.jpeg

0AB5DDF8-ACE1-4101-A903-DE697363A28E.jpeg

BF9F2616-51BE-49D2-A49B-6BE6A041F06F.jpeg

F63B2CBA-9F30-4737-B76A-819DF728A4B7.jpeg

Very clean lines and well executed.

I think I will try that pattern for the bottom fold up.

I think you did a great job. The bag looks really clean. I also like the turned up bottom. It looks like it locks the bottom together really well. It might not be any fun to sew, but I bet it's more fun then those damn turned "T" corners.

Edited by bikermutt07