Just finished these as well as a group of knives. 

P1020246 (800x533).jpg

P1020252 (800x533).jpg

Those are very nice, That knife is nothing to sneeze at either.

Nice simple design, well executed. I like it.

Why do you change the thread colour to yellow at the top of the sheath? Do you use a welt in your knife sheaths? 

On 8/29/2018 at 3:23 PM, Rockoboy said:

Nice simple design, well executed. I like it.

Why do you change the thread colour to yellow at the top of the sheath? Do you use a welt in your knife sheaths? 

Yes it has a welt, I think it is overkill, sometimes I do sometimes not, probably not needed.  The first few stitches are a much heavier cord material, I hope for additional strength there.  The color stitching then matches the line colors and the pins on the knives.  

3 hours ago, neilyeag said:

it has a welt, I think it is overkill, sometimes I do sometimes not, probably not needed

I am more inclined to think of a welt as a necessity on a sheath for any decent sharp knife. Maybe I am over-building, which I do in a lot of things, but not much I make falls to pieces.

3 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

I am more inclined to think of a welt as a necessity on a sheath for any decent sharp knife. Maybe I am over-building, which I do in a lot of things, but not much I make falls to pieces.

Agree, a good fitted sheath for a very sharp knife would benefit from that welt, it will protect your stitching from the sharp edge when drawn and sheathed.

Oh yes, agree on the welt, all of my sheaths have a welt for sure.  But sometimes I do that double stitch thing at the top and sometimes not, that is what I was referring to.