PossumHollow

Cattaraugus 225Q Restoration

I do quite a few of these, WWII Vintage. I did a  new stacked leather handle, full polish of all the metal and a  factory type reproduction sheath 

003 (800x600).jpg

004 (800x600).jpg

a couple more pics

005 (800x600).jpg

006 (800x600).jpg

That looks sharp! I have one of these with original sheath. My wife’s memaw give it to me. Just a tad of surface rust but I’m scared to do much with it.

Are you going for period correct or just making a sheath. The sheath that came with the knife back then was left handed. These things will take a beating as the metal is stout! 

622032B5-19F0-4E62-A5B9-980107CAA54F.jpeg

7DDFD68B-606C-48E4-B9DB-1E904BF07F77.jpeg

The customer requested a right handed sheath. I offer them  in both RH and LH.

They are a good strong knife, just about can't tear one up past the handle rotting off from over the years.

Yours looks to be in excellent condition, those middle washers were almost always rough and misshapen even on some mint examples I have seen. 

29 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

NICE - where have you found the nickle plated staples?

Thank you. I assume you mean the small rivets? These were new old stock rivets purchased from a supplier here in the USA

That looks great. I have a "hunter model?" That I found somewhere that I am making a non factory style sheath for.

Never realized it was in that nice of condition. I’ve looked the web over for those small rivets that were used back then and can not find them anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Clintock said:

Never realized it was in that nice of condition. I’ve looked the web over for those small rivets that were used back then and can not find them anywhere. 

I think I got these from brettruns village trading co.

I have a 225 that a dog got ahold of.  It is "original, and looks like it.  Lots of surface rust and a name etched in the blade.  Thought about re-doing the handle, but haven't got around to it yet.  What part of Ohio?

32 minutes ago, SaddleBags said:

I have a 225 that a dog got ahold of.  It is "original, and looks like it.  Lots of surface rust and a name etched in the blade.  Thought about re-doing the handle, but haven't got around to it yet.  What part of Ohio?

Hamilton, a bit north of cinci. I do most of my stuff through mail anyway.

I was scared to try to remove the butt of the handle, as there weren't any screw slots and I didn't want to ruin the knife.  Any secret? 

39 minutes ago, SaddleBags said:

I was scared to try to remove the butt of the handle, as there weren't any screw slots and I didn't want to ruin the knife.  Any secret? 

they are tricky its a 3 piece pommel, you have to remove the handle first then work the pommel loose