Jason046

Friction swivel and lazy susan supplier

If you put a location in your profile, that might help, because I am going recommend Timbecon in Canning Vale, Western Australia ... and you are going to say "Huh?" That is a waste of my time and yours. :deadsubject:

Location based on IP address is Houston, Tx, USA

It would be very helpful if all users listed their location in their profile.  It helps to get information relative to your location and might even find someone just down the street that may be able to help with problems.

Tom

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:29 AM, Northmount said:

It would be very helpful if all users listed their location in their profile.

I guess some people are too afraid of being scammed or recognised or they have some other issue with folk knowing their approximate location. That's their problem, not mine, if they don't get the assistance they would like. End of rant.

3 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

I guess some people are too afraid of being scammed or recognised or they have some other issue with folk knowing their approximate location. That's their problem, not mine, if they don't get the assistance they would like. End of rant.

I agree, but some sites inist on placing you where they think you are. LinkedIn will not allow me to put my village, or the nearest town, but insists on a very small hamlet miles away.

Google.. wtf almost anywhere in the UK depending on day and weather. BT (who should know, as they are our service provider) is usually further out than Google.

At least I can incorporate it into my profile here, but even if there was a concern regarding recognition or whatnot, surely "USA" is close enough to stop you and me suggesting things local to us.

The CIA, FBI, probably IRS, FinCEN, all of the service providers, email providers, Facebook (if he uses it) etc know where he is, what he's looking at, who he's writing to and what he's saying (or she if appropriate), but they won't offer advice on suppliers :blahblahblah: and so on.

Jeepers, don't buy or sell on any of the big market places, they are obliged hold info for government agencies in various countries, to ensure proper taxes get paid.

Harry

It was suggested as a requirement a while back, that a location is including, for newbies when creating a profile. I guess the mods and admin thought it was to much info to give Big Brother.