I can get one of these very reasonably, in good working condition, for sewing light-medium leather. I read somewhere (can't recall where, or I wouldn't be bugging you folks) that roller or walking/even feed feet might be available for this model.  Is that so? Many thanks for your advice.

Oh, and I forgot to ask what type of needle these take.....would it be the same as my 29-2?

Hi there, does not look like it is a walking foot machine and it was made to sew cloth. system DBx1, 16x257, 1738 seems to be the needles they use. All the best. 

http://dixiesewingmachine.tzo.com/MANUALS/SINGERPARTS1/31-15 16 19 20 22 24 27 32.pdf

On 2018-12-14 at 2:31 AM, jimi said:

Hi there, does not look like it is a walking foot machine and it was made to sew cloth. system DBx1, 16x257, 1738 seems to be the needles they use. All the best. 

http://dixiesewingmachine.tzo.com/MANUALS/SINGERPARTS1/31-15 16 19 20 22 24 27 32.pdf

Thanks!

Roller feet are available for this machine and they work pretty good. I installed one on my 31-15 singer and i can sew through up to 6 oz getting a nice stitch too. You can also  find videos on YouTube showing you how to install it too

A “walking foot” attachment will not make this a walking foot machine - those gizmos simply don’t work for heavy sewing.  Almost any roller foot for a single needle simple sewer will fit - the one on my machine was less than $10 and is not a master piece of machining art, but it is functional. 

Industrial treddle bases seem to be worth at least $100 without a top, and if the machine head is in good sewing condition it’s probably worth at least $100, so if you’re picking it up for around $200 it’s possible to get your money out of it if it’s not what you were expecting.  

Thanks for all the info, folks. I got it including the table/treadle, for $100,. She moves very smoothly and has a knee lift. Need a belt/needles to really test her out. The table is a bit rough, but nothing fatal. She is from 1923. I realize a true walking foot is a different animal (I used to have a "portable" one, but I hated it). So the roller foot is likely something I will add.