Sign in to follow this  
3248tm

How to get a molded gun holster made.

How do you get a molded gun holster like this done. I kinda of understand the wet molding process but how do you make sure sure you only effect the tooling as little as possible. Do you only wet the inside of finished holster and then vacuum pack. 

Screenshot_20190110-101355_Gallery.jpg

That's quite simple.. in fact, I would not consider that holster "molded".  That little Ruger doesn't have a LOT of contour in it anyway, and then you have PLENTY of room inside there (stitch line distance to the metal).   IF I were going to make that, I'd probably lay it out, stamp it, then form it before the leather dries from the stamping.

Just FYI, when I think "molded", I'm talking about this:

Open2.jpg

2112.jpg

And this ...

Like you mean a vaccuum bag?  Sure, that would work.  With one that small, guy could just 'finger press' it.

Assuming that is a pocket holster?  If so, you don't want a tight mold anyway.  Fingers will do the trick.  A bag might deform the stamping, or some of the bags have patterns inside them that can transfer to the leather too.