MilitaryCollector

How to make Leather stamp?

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone would know how to make leather stamps. I would want to make my own and not spend too much. Any ideas/tips/instructions for a beginner would be especially helpful.

Thanks.

There are some posts on here of people using bolts and nails. They just grind and file them them to the shape they are looking for. Some videos on YouTube also I believe.

You can use 3D Printers, Etching methods, CAM machines and laser to make stamps with various costs and life time of the stamp

This is one i have just made using 3D Printer using PETG filament

scolloped stamp final v3.png

scolloped stamp final v3 No2.png

Oh........... 

Well I don't have any idea how to use 3D/CAD to make stamps, also what kind of steel would be best for a life-time type stamp?

4 hours ago, MilitaryCollector said:

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone would know how to make leather stamps. I would want to make my own and not spend too much. Any ideas/tips/instructions for a beginner would be especially helpful.

Thanks.

your time, your work and money - sometimes it's not worth it

you can get many stamps for 6 bucks from SLC

SLC???

4 minutes ago, MilitaryCollector said:

SLC???

Springfield Leather Company

Edited by Mattsbagger

Ok. :)

I don't think the steel makeup makes any difference as not a great deal of wear bouncing onto wet leather

One of the software packages is "Fusion 360" and another "Tinkercad" both are free to hobby users, a few companies on the forum and ebay etc will make stamps for you, but not a cheap option making steel ones unless you are selling the end product

FWIW I’ve used a listing on eBay ( search “ custom makers stamp  logo... “  prices $15-$27. )  From Hong Kong.  I’ve ordered several at one time and they gave me a pretty deep discount as well.   Just make sure you BUY THEIR HANDLE!   I’ve been very pleased and have made 3 separate purchases for custom stamps from them.