Rossr

East Coast Leather shows?? Do they exisit?

ok I know there are shows out west and are very popular.    But what about the east coast.  Are there ever trade shows or maker shows for leather on this side of the US?   I know there are guilds here and there and on off groups that meet.  But I mean a full blown weekend show or what not.  I have to believe there are enough leather workers to support this in the east coast....so curious what is out there and what do we know.   If there isnt why not!!   Is it something to pursue hmmm

Ross

I'd be interested in attending one as well, but didn't know they existed anyplace. 

And these guilds you speak of, is there a directory of them someplace?  I'd attend one of those if there's one in the Baltimore area.

https://leathercraftersjournal.com/guilds/

http://www.ifolg.net/index.html

https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/learn/events

Hi Greg,

Just from a quick google search there are some shows above.  Also some listing of guilds.  I also know there are facebook groups.  I dnt really do facebook so I am not familiar.  Anyone I have ever talked to say the shows are worth going too if you are into leatherwork.   

I just keep thinking we need some kind of show or gathering here on the east coast too!  Nothing against the west coast at all just travel time etc makes it tough and costly to attend

R

There is the Sheridan show in May in Sheridan Wyoming, In the Fall there is one in Pendleton Oregon, There are shows in Texas not sure when, I think there is a show in St. Louis Missouri. I will check with a friend of mine that used to go to leather shows in the Midwest and the east coast and see if he can give me a list of them.

The one I know of in Texas is in Wichita Falls. I think it is pretty early in the year. And, I think technically it is a rodeo that kind of grew to be a leather show.

If there is one in St Louis that is as far east as I have heard of.......

On 5/29/2019 at 11:06 PM, bikermutt07 said:

The one I know of in Texas is in Wichita Falls. I think it is pretty early in the year. And, I think technically it is a rodeo that kind of grew to be a leather show.

If there is one in St Louis that is as far east as I have heard of.......

Exactly st Louis is it....maybe we need a meetup of east coast folks or a maker event or something I suspect a lot.cant just hit the west coast on a whim!