Chamod

how to change the length of the stitches

I have a singer 138B8BM post bed machine and I can't change the length of the stitches.There is few numbers displayed in the side of the pulley in the machine,but I can't adjust it.It's stuck.I tried everything I could, but none of that worked.Is there any possible way you know to adjust it.please help...!!IMG_20190503_190320.thumb.jpg.6a42a0a69df88bb8fd6d894edc78b02f.jpg

Are there any buttons/detents on the bed of the machine?  (To keep the adjustment wheel from turning until you want to change the stitch length.)

Edited by BruceWampler

I think that on your machine there are two buttons on the bed of the machine, between the needle plate and the upright where the arm joins the base..
Press on the right hand side button..keep it pressed..now rotate the machine pulley towards you..you'll feel the button "drop" just a little..keep it pressed ..now you can adjust the stitch length by turning the pulley towards you..or away from you, until the number that you want aligns with the small white dot mark on the machine casting ..when it does..release the button ( just rest your finger lightly on it so that you can feel what it is doing )..and turn the pulley towards you..You'll feel the button move back up ( you may even hear a slight "click" ) when it does it means that the machine is ready to sew at the stitch length that you set..test by hand wheeling the pulley towards you..You'll see that the stitch length has changed..

It is actually the feed dog "feed" that changes..Your machine is a lot like my Singer 211..we noticed in another thread..But you are fortunate ..yours has numbers..

Edited by mikesc