Sign in to follow this  
Sunny9072

Adler 30-10

Hi, 

Any suggestions on where to buy this part? 

Mine is worn to the point it won't lift cup to relieve tension.

Any  Singer Patcher with a similar part that might be interchangeable?

If no part available, could this be replicated or welded?

Thanks in advance :)

IMG_6829.JPG

Does it just need to be pointy on the end?

You could absolutely weld on a new tip. I'd machine off a good bit to give a good surface. I'd also probably be sloppy with it and leave a lot of excess material, then turn this on the lathe to get a nice new tip.

Edited by ensitmike

This parts has nothing to do with the tension (guess you mean the thread tension). It regulates the foot lift hight when sewing. Slide it to the left you have lesser foot lift, slide it to the right you have more foot lift. Please post pictures of your machine. I think there is either a bent part or a missing part when the tension is not releasing.

However, the worn tip can be brazed or welded but it is not too bad worn.

Yes the Singer 29K slider looks a bit different but should work, both machines have the same tension leaf spring on the back side. There was a time when Adler 30 and Singer 29K had a similar slider.

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks for the answers.

Could you post a close up video of the action of your patcher in operation so I can see what it should look like? No videos show these close up running.

Should the timing  of the take up lever (purple arrow) and the lift of the cup (blue arrow) coincide with the highest lift of the thread by the take up lever?

If the cup lifted the thread would be able to slip as the lever travels to its highest point, allowing the thread to slip through the plates enough to make a stitch.

Mine WON"T do this and the thread is so tight that the thread take up lever is fighting to pull up even with the thread tension knob barely threaded on, meaning almost ZERO tension.

IMG_1531.thumb.JPG.39277d37d5265c9e71665fa9722f4acc.JPG

Not sure if I get you right but during the sewing cycle there is no tension release, just as on all other sewing machines too. You only have a tension release when you lift the presser foot with the lever on the backside (then the cup will be lifted and releases the tension). If you have too much top tension I would also check the bottom thread tension, it could bee to high as well. What thread are you using (probably too thick for a patcher machine?). 69 or 138 thread is what most patcher can handle.

There is not timing between thread lever and tension disc that you could adjust. You can adjust the travel of the thread lever with the adjuster but that is just for the material thickens (if ever needed).

I have no Adler 30 I could post a video of but I have successfully restored a few of them. Most patchers (Adler 30 & Singer 29K) pretty much have the same sewing cycle and movement of parts. They differ a bit but the mechanics are very identical.

There has to be a timing issue of some type here.  Thread should not be that tight.  Post a few pics of the machine and a video if you can of the  machine sewing.

glenn