panku82

Celtic knot handgrips

Thought I 'd give a celtic knot a try. Came out ok I think.  These are 4" x 4 1/2" so I made into grip covers for my Harley. Yes, there are 2 of them but I just posted one for file size.

celticcross4.jpg

That's a heck of a lot better than OK. Looks great to me. I'd love to see a pic of them installed.

Very nice 

Thanks for the nice words. TargetrockLeather here you go ... this is on my Roadking449087863_gripinstalled2.thumb.jpg.288d5232cbdbd9c3779f4528379d7558.jpg

Edited by panku82

Looks even better on! How did you stitch them on?

Ty for the kind words and yeah I agree  they so look better on ... i just did a super simple x stitch and then added another strand of lace once tied off to do the 4 strand round braid. 

celticcross5.jpg

They look awesome!

TY all for the kind words.  One thing I forgot to mention... this was something totally new to me but I did this with just 3 tools.  A Swivel knife, a modeling spoon and a backgrounder... So you don't need a lot of tools to do something kinda fun  I guess :)

Edited by panku82

That looks freakin awesome. Makes me want to do something like that for my Heritage Softail.

Wow! Really cool. Did you lace them straight over the factory grips? Any glue or anything to stop them slipping off in the middle of a bit of wild cornering?  Although on a Road King there probably isn't too much of that. Now on my  Iron 883 on the other hand.... :) JayInOz

Edited to add- my Iron was mostly black straight from the dealer, but I darkened more of it since- black derby cover and fuel cap, smoked indicator lenses etc. But I also black leather wrapped the upper fork tubes which were chromed. Just plain leather- but you've got me thinking now:) JayInOz

Edited by JayInOz

Thanks JayInOz appreciate it... Yeah I just put them on right over the stock grips and I found  on another set I did, that in rain they will slip, so I used DAP Weldwood and put that in the middle 2/3 of the cover and the grip.   I don't think these things will move at all :)