Bant

Oil Tanned Leather Boot Laces

I've used leather boot laces for their intended purpose as well as other projects for years.  I'm trying to determine the point of origin for them, in hopes of finding a or the supplier for them.  I'm talking about yards, versus inches. Hopefully someone may be able to point me in the proper direction.  Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Well it was worth a try, but clearly the lack of responses is in step with my search thus far.

So ... you are looking for the origin of boot laces? And you hope to find a supplier of boot laces, by knowing where they were first made? I have no idea what you mean by the "talking about yards versus inches" reference.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:45 AM, BantOZ said:

I'm trying to determine the point of origin for them, in hopes of finding a or the supplier for them. 

A search on Amazon turned this up... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O09PSM2/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B00O09PSM2&pd_rd_w=N2kRx&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=DeY0P&pf_rd_r=Q3WSZ6WW9SN9MVGSJFZ0&pd_rd_r=80a716d9-a80e-4ab0-a204-f7fc85b28353

In this case the supplier is Dangerous Threads. Click on their name and you will be taken to a page that lists their Amazon offerings. Plus Amazon will provide you similar products, for which you can find those suppliers. From there you can use the internet to contact those various suppliers to see if they can provide you with what you are seeking.

Because there are many types of boot laces available, including variations in color, leather type and weight, you should have quite a contact list.

Good luck.

81zhqC6RsuL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you folks kindly.

Most of us cut them and the desired leather used to be Indian Tan Latigo.   A good supplier for that is Tennessee Tanning.  They have all kinds of athletic leathers. HTH