plinkercases

"Cowboy cut" skirt and jockeys?

Some suggested i replace the old one with this style and i know its short skirt but can't find any specigic reference to that style. Is it like cutting saddle? Anyone have a picture with the lines i can see?

Need more to go on, Pard.  What some would call "cowboy cut", others might refer to differently.  I build everything from close-cut skirts to square, and everyone refers to them differently.  What do you really want to know?

Saddlebags sir

I would like to know if anyone has heard that specific term (which may be a British Columbia term where they are from)  and could show me what it means to them. I do know it was used in the context of the skirts being shorter. I can do shorter but wondered if it had any other particular design elements such as recurves or depth to length ration etc.

I don't live I BC, but I have never heard that term before.  I suspect it is one person's idea of what they think a cowboy saddle is supposed to look like, and they assumed you could read their mind.

Okee dokee then i will just go with short round as in Stohlman's encyclopedia.

Thanks all.